Re: [Meditation Society of America] Thoughts About Thinking

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2011
      It brings to mind questions about technology, and intelligence.  We proccess so much more information than we ever had in the past, but how does the raw, problem solving skills of a modern human compare with say a paleo hunter?  Can technology make us dumb? or does it boost our intellignce?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011

        It will be more fun and games when computers start meditating.

        outwit even the cleverest of inanimate objects."

        But now with what's going on with the Super-Computer
        on Jeopardy, I don't know what to think!?!?

      • Yanni Maniates
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
          But what will the computer "do?"

          What is it to "be" a computer!

          Perhaps it is best not to ask!

          We certainly would not want a computer print out for an answer!

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011

            From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 10:22 PM

          • yanni.maniates@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
              :)  Many Blessings!

              Not only everything that "you" believe you are doing, but more efficiently at that.

              :-)

              What is it to "be" a computer!

              ---------