Thoughts About Thinking

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2011
      I used to think, when I thought at all,
      that this was a clever thought:

      "My superpower? Given enough time I can
      outwit even the cleverest of inanimate objects."

      But now with what's going on with the Super-Computer
      on Jeopardy, I don't know what to think!?!?
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2011
        It brings to mind questions about technology, and intelligence.  We proccess so much more information than we ever had in the past, but how does the raw, problem solving skills of a modern human compare with say a paleo hunter?  Can technology make us dumb? or does it boost our intellignce?

        outwit even the cleverest of inanimate objects."

        But now with what's going on with the Super-Computer
        on Jeopardy, I don't know what to think!?!?

      • sandeep chatterjee
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011

          It will be more fun and games when computers start meditating.

          outwit even the cleverest of inanimate objects."

          But now with what's going on with the Super-Computer
          on Jeopardy, I don't know what to think!?!?

        • Yanni Maniates
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
            But what will the computer "do?"

            What is it to "be" a computer!

            Perhaps it is best not to ask!

            We certainly would not want a computer print out for an answer!

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011

              From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 10:22 PM

            • yanni.maniates@verizon.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
                :)  Many Blessings!

                Not only everything that "you" believe you are doing, but more efficiently at that.

                :-)

                What is it to "be" a computer!

                ---------