The Wisdom of Albert Einstein

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2011
      "A human being is a part of a whole, called by
      us 'universe', a part limited in time and space.
      He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings
      as something separated from the rest... a kind
      of optical delusion of his consciousness. This
      delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting
      us to our personal desires and to affection for a
      few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free
      ourselves from this prison by widening our circle
      of compassion to embrace all living creatures and
      the whole of nature in its beauty."