Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jan 21, 2011
      See Yourself

      "How do you know that you are the image of God?
      Only by seeing your Self. The mind is ready to
      show you your true nature, when the mind is stilled
      and peaceful. But you are trying to keep the mind
      quiet by talking about it. Are you quiet, if you
      say, `I want to be quiet?' It's almost like talking
      while trying to fall asleep: `I want to sleep.' When
      would you sleep? Even the wanting to sleep slips
      away from your mind, when you are quietly preparing
      to sleep. That means, don't do anything to disturb
      your mind. Is it possible not to do anything? Your
      stomach will cry for food. Your eyes will want to
      see things. So what can you do? Become the witness.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)