Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Most Complete Reference Site to Everything

  • onecoolgranny2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
      How? I try to calm my mind and I haven't been able to get to a place where I can relax and still my mind.
      Robin

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Sender: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 22:29:39 -0000
      To: <meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] The Most Complete Reference Site to Everything

      "If you can't still your mind to find peace, perhaps
      you should try to get to the same place by filling it."

      Kir Li Molari

      http://www.refdesk.com/

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2011
        Yo Robin,
        This article "What is Meditation" from our
        website may give you a starting point for
        understanding and experiencing meditation:
        http://www.meditationsociety.com/what.html
        After checking out this general "game plan",
        I suggest trying a few methods on the site, and when you find
        one that "works" (brings you peace), focus on
        that one.
        Usually it is said that most people find that mantra
        meditation is the easiest method to still the mind.
        By the repeating of just one word or phrase over
        and over, you don't give the monkey mind room to
        swing all over every tree in the mind's jungle.
        One method that incorporates breathing (my favorite)
        methods and mantra is the Relaxation Response. The
        "how to" about it can be found here:
        http://altmedicine.about.com/od/mindbodytechniques/a/relaxationresp.htm
        I think the statistic is 100% of the people who try
        it find that it works!?!?! And it's approximately
        $3000 cheaper than TM charges for one Mantra.
        Mindfulness, enquery into "Who am I?", focusing on
        just one concept or subject, for instance Love,
        and seeing how much you know about it without becoming
        distracted, and witnessing your breath are some of the
        most usual ways people have found bring them to the still
        mind you ask to know. But the key to it all is actually
        doing meditation. Just reading about it or watching CD's or
        going to classes won't help as much as actually making
        meditation a part of your life just as consistently as
        brusing your teeth is. And the smile you get from this
        will shine much brighter than your teeth ever could.
        I wish you well.