The Most Complete Reference Site to Everything

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
      "If you can't still your mind to find peace, perhaps
      you should try to get to the same place by filling it."

      Kir Li Molari

      http://www.refdesk.com/
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
        On 12/31/2010 5:29 PM, medit8ionsociety wrote:
        > "If you can't still your mind to find peace, perhaps
        > you should try to get to the same place by filling it."
        >
        > Kir Li Molari
        >
        > http://www.refdesk.com/

        My wife has sworn by refdesk for
        many years -- it's a great site.
      • onecoolgranny2@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
          How? I try to calm my mind and I haven't been able to get to a place where I can relax and still my mind.
          Robin

          From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
          Sender: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 22:29:39 -0000
          To: <meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [Meditation Society of America] The Most Complete Reference Site to Everything

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2011
            Yo Robin,
            This article "What is Meditation" from our
            website may give you a starting point for
            understanding and experiencing meditation:
            http://www.meditationsociety.com/what.html
            After checking out this general "game plan",
            I suggest trying a few methods on the site, and when you find
            one that "works" (brings you peace), focus on
            that one.
            Usually it is said that most people find that mantra
            meditation is the easiest method to still the mind.
            By the repeating of just one word or phrase over
            and over, you don't give the monkey mind room to
            swing all over every tree in the mind's jungle.
            One method that incorporates breathing (my favorite)
            methods and mantra is the Relaxation Response. The
            "how to" about it can be found here:
            http://altmedicine.about.com/od/mindbodytechniques/a/relaxationresp.htm
            I think the statistic is 100% of the people who try
            it find that it works!?!?! And it's approximately
            $3000 cheaper than TM charges for one Mantra.
            Mindfulness, enquery into "Who am I?", focusing on
            just one concept or subject, for instance Love,
            and seeing how much you know about it without becoming
            distracted, and witnessing your breath are some of the
            most usual ways people have found bring them to the still
            mind you ask to know. But the key to it all is actually
            doing meditation. Just reading about it or watching CD's or
            going to classes won't help as much as actually making
            meditation a part of your life just as consistently as
            brusing your teeth is. And the smile you get from this
            will shine much brighter than your teeth ever could.
            I wish you well.