Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Dec 17, 2010
      Know Your Self

      "Imagine, you say, `My mind is totally upset
      today. Yesterday I was all peaceful, happy.
      Today, I am disturbed.' What is the common
      thing behind these statements? The common
      factor is that you know. You know that you
      are disturbed; you know you are not disturbed.
      The true you is that which knows everything,
      while the superficial you, is the mind.
      Although your mind is disturbed in some
      way today, the knower of your mind is not
      disturbed. Your mind was happy yesterday,
      and now, today, your mind is not happy.
      When you say your mind, then who are you?
      You might say, `I am my body, my mind, my
      intelligence, my ego.' Of course you seem
      to have those things. But, who are you in
      reality? Find out the answer. That is what
      you call, `knowing your Self.'

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)