Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Dec 11, 2010
      Slow and Steady Wins the Race

      "In Yoga asanas or in yogic breathing, one should
      never exert oneself. Always make sure you do the
      practices easily, without straining. That is a
      safe rule. There is no strenuous aspect in Yoga
      practices. In meditation, if you are going to
      fight with the mind, then the mind will become
      rather violent and it will threaten you. Then,
      whenever you sit for meditation the mind will
      revolt. So there is always an easy way of doing
      things, and we should not be hasty in our desire
      to get the real benefits. Let things come in
      their own time. Our duty is simply to do the
      practices continuously. If you do them slowly
      and steadily, you'll win the race.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)