Re: Novice Question

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 20 9:42 PM
      Dear Tab, A real question to ask is if we are in
      a trance when we are not meditative. We usually are
      spending our time rehashing the past and fantasizing about
      the future. Reality takes place now, in the present.
      Meditation takes place NOW and gives us the opportunity to
      perceive our life as it takes place. We are then and then
      only, in reality. Similarly, we usually simply react to
      our sense perceptions and our minds chatter
      habitually, mindlessly, and without any discrimination
      relative to knowing if our reactions will cause us further
      suffering or not. Meditation allows us to perceive our
      suffering causing reactivity and replace it with serenity
      producing actions. This is true Self control and freedom.
      Please do not be afraid to meditate, but do it
      appropriately. Closing your eyes while driving won't work!
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for