Re: Brain wave entrainment

  • Jeanne and Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2010
      Ahmed,

      You raise a great point. How many BWE companies advertise the ability to "meditate more deeply than a Zen monk at the push of a button"? I'm sure we've all seen a fair share of them.

      The ability to meditate by simply turning on a CD sure would be great, but unfortunately, the claim is entirely false. Conflating the similarity in brainwave frequencies found in meditators and someone using entrainment is akin to saying that sleep and meditation are the same. Yes, both meditation and BWE result in pleasant relaxation, but that is about where any sameness ends.

      This isn't to say entrainment is without value: it just isn't the same thing, or have the same effect as, meditation.

      Thanks for raising the point - it's an important one.

      Vigilate,

      Chris B.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmed" <amednz@...> wrote:

      > I started a brain wave entrainment proram three months ago.
      > Not only it was coslty, but I get better experience with silent meditaion that with the BWE.
      > I don't know what other members have experienced if they have tried these new technology.
      > Regards

    • Ahmed Tayeb
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2010
        Thanks for taking time toreply Chris,
        Yes I have experienced some relaxation and ease following use of these BWE.
        However it is not like mediation in silence or in nature such at the beach exposed the wave sound or in a forest at the sound of a stream
        There is a science base evidences though that BWE are beneficial for mental and physical health.But the value of these accoustic aids to reach enlightment as pretended  by these people is questionable.The other part is which company is geniune, as the prices fluctuates from few dollars to thousands of dollars.
        Peace and harmony for all of you