The Coat Of Many Colors Meditation technique

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      By request of one of our members who found
      this helpful and enjoyable in the past, we
      are sharing this visualization technique
      that she first used 20 years ago in one of
      our classes. Enjoy!

      The Coat Of Many Colors

      Prepare yourself for meditation in the way
      that you have found is best. Or, if you wish,
      there are basic techniques used to initiate
      the meditative state that you may try. For instance,
      you might sit as comfortably as possible and
      relax your muscles progressively from your toes
      to the top of your head. Witness your breath flowing
      in, saturating your entire being, and flowing out.
      Direct your mind, body, and emotions to not bother
      you now, in these moments of sacred inner insight.
      Repeat the observation of your breathing cycle over
      and over until you become as fluid as the air.

      This, and many other techniques, will allow you
      to experience the Alpha and Theta brain wave cycle
      rhythms that clinically characterize meditation and
      let you enter the realms of wonder, awe, and wisdom
      that they bring.

      In your minds' eye, picture an altar. On this altar
      are pictures of your divinity or other symbols of
      your unity with the universe IE: an Om sign, a clear
      light, an infinity sign, etc. As has been the
      tradition of all religions of all times, there is
      a place in front of the altar for sacrificial offerings.
      See yourself coming to the holy place that contains
      this altar, wearing a coat of many colors. Each color
      symbolizes an ungodly characteristic. Visualize
      yourself offering up a color from your robe,
      perhaps red, representing your lust. Green for
      your jealousy, purple for your pride, and so on.
      As you place a new color and part of your robe on
      the altar, feel yourself getting more and more purified
      and see that underneath what had been covered with
      poison and filth is now healthy and beautiful. Continue
      until you are left naked and virginally pure before
      the altar. See your divinity evaporate your offering.
      You have shed all the colors that coated you and are
      now merged with the great white light, as free and
      unspoiled by negativity as a newborn babe. Feel the
      pleasure known only to those who have attained the
      unqualified acceptance of the divine, and live happily
      ever after.