Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 201 , Nov 27, 2010

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > How can you tell the "Real Witness' from th imposition of desire?

      When desire is seen to be one more mere arising thought,( just like any other thought of any other content).....

      ......the arising desire, it's persisting and it's actualization as fulfillment or getting thwarted...

      ...the entirety of the drama ......gets witnessed in indifference.

      There is no effort to witness......

      ......just the natural awareness of the spectacle that thought has created

      as the infinite hues..........all of which ......is itself.

      For this naturalness, the very question of what is real and how to tell that from the not-real...

      ..is moot.

      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda