The Samurai Warrior's Creed

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2010
      I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents.
      I have no home; I make the Tan T'ien* my home.
      I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
      I have no means; I make Docility my means.
      I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power.
      I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death.
      have no body; I make Stoicism my Body.
      I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightning my eyes.
      I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears.
      I have no limbs; I make Promptitude my Limbs.
      I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.

      I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill
      and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy.
      I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity
      by the Forelock my Designs.
      I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle.
      I have no principles; I make Adaptability to
      all circumstances my Principle.
      I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics.

      I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent.
      I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
      I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
      I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour.
      I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
      I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.

      *The Tan T'ien is the focal point for internal
      meditative techniques; Usually refers to the physical
      center of gravity located in the abdomen (about three
      finger widths below and two finger widths behind the navel).
      permission from the copyright owner.