Re: Passing sceneries

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010
      Brilliant (as in 'full of light')! And I enjoyed the line at the end...
      "And the withnessing................... that the prevailing AOWL witnesser of the passing scenery ....
      ....is the passing scenery."

      Withnessing - Yes!

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > So, I had the whole non-dual awakening, blah, blah a few years back.
      >
      > Since then I have been deeply and firmly rooted in reality. The whole world and all it's dramas were nothing more then mere scenary.
      >
      > The past week so personal drama came up and my abidance in reality started slipping...
      >
      > The mind was getting entangled in the drama. Normally a simple 'neti neti' would make it fade.
      >
      > This time around the attention is on the mind, on the stories and it's running with it and there are charged emotions comming up to the surface.
      >
      > Old anxieties, old habits(bitting nails, not sleeping at night) are started resurfacing.
      >
      > I'm losing myself, it feels like... There was a certain level of sensitivity that I had and having all this come up on some level is almost nauseating, insane...
      >
      > On top of it, the mind is having anxiety over having 'lost' something. Again my attention is getting entangled. Having a hard time seeing past the illusion. Intellectually sure, I see it, but experiencially it's been difficult.
      >
      > Is this common? Is this an indication that there is qute a bit more dissolution that needs to take place?
      >
      > ------------------
      >

      > That which slips has to be have had happened, for it to have the quality of slippage.
      >
      > The essence of an happening is an experience.
      >
      > An experience no matter it's depth or it's profoundity is an occurrence in time and thus has a durational span.
      >
      > That span may be moments, decades or thousand of years across life-times(a life time being once more, an experience)
      >
      > That-which-is, call it by any name or term makes no difference ( for that-which is does not have the loci for even an "it" to be anchored) is not an experience.
      >
      > Thus not a happening which can slip away in time.
      >

      > So what is happening as the above narration.........narrates.
      >
      > There was an experience where there was a sense of  having understood the non-dualiness of everything, based on the sense of the absence of conflict/engagement/involvement, which was really the absence of the feelings of conflict etc etc ....
      >
      > .....after a duration ...there is a sense of an identification with a movement, connoted by the prevailing sense of conflict, anxiety, nauseating insanity etc etc.
      >

      > There is really no difference between experiences.....
      >
      > .....whether the experience of non-dualness blah few years back ......
      >
      > .....or the blah of present anxiety.
      >
      > Both are movements within the realm of thought.
      >
      > And there is no difference between the intellectual understanding  and the experiential blah....
      >
      > ...an intellectual understanding being the experiential blah of the thought of having understood intellectually.
      >

      > It is this sense of a distinction between intellectual hoarding of premises/words/terms/principles .....

      > ...... the experience of the same premises, the latter believed to be the Holy Grail.....

> [...]
    • sandeep chatterjee
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010
        :-)

        Just like there are no errors in life, there are no typos in writing.