Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Oct 29, 2010
      Master Your Self

      "Become the master of your mind. Do not allow
      your thoughts to run where they want. We always
      want to be the master over others, but we don't
      turn the tide inward. That's why Yoga begins with
      `Yoga Citta Vritti Nirodha,' which means,
      `Control of the mind is Yoga.' To control the
      mind, we have to keep it pure; keep it clean.
      To keep the mind clean, we have to keep the senses
      clean. And to keep the senses clean, we have to
      keep the body clean. Do Hatha Yoga to make the
      body healthy, so you can control it. Learn to
      regulate your breathing through pranayama and,
      gradually, you will be able to control your breath,
      your senses and then, ultimately, the mind.
      Once you have the purity of control, you become
      the master and you will realize the true Self.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter:

      http://twitter.com/SwSatchidananda
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)