Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 15 7:11 PM
      Real Love

      "Many people say `I love you,' but is that real
      love? If it is deep love, then it can never change
      or be taken back. By loving, you give yourself
      completely. You become one with the beloved and
      you do everything for the sake of the beloved.
      But what we call `love' these days is only a liking,
      a desire, a temporary, superficial liking. If the
      weight of the purse is reduced, the weight of the
      love is also reduced. If the weight of the body
      increases, the love reduces. See? Because that
      so-called love is based on money or on a nice body,
      that's all. You must love the never changing one
      in a person. Love the inner Self, the divine in the
      other. That is the real love.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at twitter.com/SwSatchidananda
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda