Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
      SIT IN SILENCE

      I am neither male nor female;
      I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (non­-dualism);
      I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
      I am neither seer nor hearer;
      I am neither body nor mind;
      I am neither far nor near;
      I am neither black nor red;
      I am neither thin nor stout;
      I live neither by food nor by air;
      I neither move nor stop;
      I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
      I neither laugh nor weep;
      I work and yet I do not work;
      I hear without ears and see without eyes;
      I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
      Few understand Me.
      He who understands Me, sits in silence.
      Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
      Drown yourself in that silence
      And be happy."
      For more by and about Swami Sivananda:
      http://www.dlshq.org/
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 16, 2011
        SERENITY

        Be serene and calm at all times and under
        all tests and trials. Try again and
        again to develop these two qualities.
        Serenity is like a rock; waves of
        irritation may dash on it but cannot
        affect it. Calmness will give you great
        strength and make you a hero.

        Sri Swami Sivananda
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 13, 2011
          Deepavali - A Festival of Light, Joy & Illumination

          "The sun does not shine there, nor do the moon
          and the stars, nor do lightnings shine and much
          less fire. All the lights of the world cannot
          be compared even to a ray of the inner light of
          the Self. Merge yourself in this light of lights
          and enjoy the supreme Deepavali.

          He who Himself sees all but whom no one beholds,
          who illumines the intellect, the sun, the moon
          and the stars and the whole universe but
          whom they cannot illumine, He indeed is Brahman,
          He is the inner Self. Celebrate the real Deepavali
          by living in Brahman, and enjoy the eternal
          bliss of the soul." - Swami Sivananda
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
            PERFECT RENUNCIATION

            Vedanta does not want you to renounce the world.
            It wants you to change your mental attitude and
            give up this false, illusory `I-ness' and `mine-ness'.
            The snake charmer removes only the two poisonous
            fangs of the cobra. The snake remains the same. It hisses,
            raises its hood and shows its fangs. In fact, it
            does everything as before. The snake charmer has
            changed his mental attitude towards the snake. He has
            a feeling now that it has no poisonous fangs. Even so,
            you must remove the two poisonous fangs of the mind,
            namely, `I-ness' and `mine-ness' only. Then you can
            allow the mind to go wherever it likes. Then you
            will always have the feeling of the presence of God.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
                  Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

                  > I am.......while........neither am I.

                  Excellent! And of course, there's always
                  "I am what I am and that's all what I am" by Sri Popeyeji

                  > On 05-06-2012 20:23, medit8ionsociety wrote:
                  > >
                  > > SIT IN SILENCE
                  > >
                  > > I am neither male nor female;
                  > > I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (non­-dualism);
                  > > I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
                  > > I am neither seer nor hearer;
                  > > I am neither body nor mind;
                  > > I am neither far nor near;
                  > > I am neither black nor red;
                  > > I am neither thin nor stout;
                  > > I live neither by food nor by air;
                  > > I neither move nor stop;
                  > > I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
                  > > I neither laugh nor weep;
                  > > I work and yet I do not work;
                  > > I hear without ears and see without eyes;
                  > > I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
                  > > Few understand Me.
                  > > He who understands Me, sits in silence.
                  > > Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
                  > > Drown yourself in that silence
                  > > And be happy."

                • Aideen Mckenna
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012

                    The moon’s full, isn’t it?

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                      Why Meditate

                      Without the help of meditation,
                      you cannot attain Knowledge of the Self.
                      Without it's aid, you cannot grow
                      into the divine state.
                      Without it, you cannot liberate yourself
                      from the trammels of the mind
                      and attain immortality.
                      Meditation is the only royal road
                      to the attainment of freedom.
                      It is a mysterious ladder which reaches
                      from earth to heaven, from error to truth,
                      from darkness to light, from pain to bliss,
                      from restlessness to abiding peace,
                      from ignorance to knowledge.
                      From mortality to immortality.

                      Swami Sivananda