Re: The Way Finders

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2010
      There is a book called "The Way Finders"

      The book is a collection of the Massey Lectures
      given at the University of Toronto, Canada
      by Wade Davis.

      A series of beautiful lectures........on ancient
      wisdom(s) collated from different regions/tribes
      across the globe...

      .....lores from the Kalahari deserts, from
      the Australian aborigines, from the Polynesian
      islands, from the Anaconda people in the Amazon
      basin, the Inuit natives of North America, the
      native tribes in Indonesia.

      The narration is wonderful .........and the ethos
      of the narration, meditative.

      Invite the locating of the book in your neighborhood
      library or even buying it and reading.

      The ISBN Code is 978-0-88784-766-0
    • sandeep chatterjee
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010

        I do not know how podcasts work but in the last 24 hours, I have heard back from folks who have been enthralled with the lecturers, without having to locate/buy the book.

        Go to:

        http://castroller.com/podcasts/CbcRadiosMassey.

        I prefer the good old fashioned curling up with a book, a cup of tea, overlooking a brook.

        Seems to have gone out of fashion,  with the dinosaurs.

        Aah well.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
          Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The Way Finders

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010
            When I tried the URL originally posted, I got an ERROR,
            so here's one that I think will will bring you to
            the podcast lecture:
            http://tinyurl.com/25pkwr2
            As for me I just got the book and look inward and
            forward to reading it. Thanks Sandeep!

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010

              When I tried the URL originally posted, I got an ERROR,
              so here's one that I think will will bring you to
              the podcast lecture:
              http://tinyurl.com/25pkwr2

              Thanks Bob.

              I noticed that there was an extra dot at the end in the URL I had earlier posted.

              Given the fondness of dotting up the writings, I am not surprised.

              As for me I just got the book and look inward and forward to reading it. Thanks Sandeep!

              Great.

              I find the created imagery through a reading far more graphic and rich, than an audio-visual presentation.

              Also it allows a going to and fro.