The Way Finders

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2010

      There is a book called "The Way Finders"

      The book is a collection of the Massey Lectures given at the University of Toronto, Canada by Wade Davis.

      A series of beautiful lectures........on ancient wisdom(s) collated from different regions/tribes across the globe...

      .....lores from the Kalahari deserts,  from the Australian aborigines, from the Polynesian islands,  from the Anaconda people in the Amazon basin, the Inuit natives of North America, the native tribes in Indonesia.

      The narration is wonderful .........and the ethos of the narration, meditative.

      Invite the locating of the book in your neighborhood library or even buying it
      and reading.

      The ISBN Code is 978-0-88784-766-0

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010

          I do not know how podcasts work but in the last 24 hours, I have heard back from folks who have been enthralled with the lecturers, without having to locate/buy the book.

          Go to:

          http://castroller.com/podcasts/CbcRadiosMassey.

          I prefer the good old fashioned curling up with a book, a cup of tea, overlooking a brook.

          Seems to have gone out of fashion,  with the dinosaurs.

          Aah well.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
            Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The Way Finders

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010
              When I tried the URL originally posted, I got an ERROR,
              so here's one that I think will will bring you to
              the podcast lecture:
              http://tinyurl.com/25pkwr2
              As for me I just got the book and look inward and
              forward to reading it. Thanks Sandeep!

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010

                When I tried the URL originally posted, I got an ERROR,
                so here's one that I think will will bring you to
                the podcast lecture:
                http://tinyurl.com/25pkwr2

                Thanks Bob.

                I noticed that there was an extra dot at the end in the URL I had earlier posted.

                Given the fondness of dotting up the writings, I am not surprised.

                As for me I just got the book and look inward and forward to reading it. Thanks Sandeep!

                Great.

                I find the created imagery through a reading far more graphic and rich, than an audio-visual presentation.

                Also it allows a going to and fro.