Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 2 2:39 PM
      Protect Yourself

      "If you are going to be affected by others'
      negativity, how are you going to help them? Imagine
      this: A doctor goes to see a patient who is in a
      terrible condition and in a lot of pain. Upon
      seeing the patient, the compassionate doctor faints.
      Now, there are two patients! We need another doctor.
      So, keep your mind calm and steady and, then, offer
      your service. If you think that you'll be sucked
      into someone else's negativity, it's better to let
      there be one patient and not two patients. Protect
      yourself; make yourself strong before you go to
      help somebody else. Take care of that first. There's
      no rush to go there and add more problems.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda