The Humility of Mullah Nasrudin

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
      A monk said to Mullah Nasrudin:
      "I am so detached that I never think
      of myself, only of others."
      Nasrudin answered:
      "I am so objective that I can look at myself
      as if I were another person; so I can afford
      to think of myself."
    • Jeremy King
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010

        Interesting. I very much agree with this.

        On Sep 17, 2010 9:31 PM, "medit8ionsociety" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > A monk said to Mullah Nasrudin:

        > "I am so detached that I never think
        > of myself, only of others."
        > Nasrudin answered:
        > "I am so objective that I can look at myself
        > as if I were another person; so I can afford
        > to think of myself."

      • Beth Tremblay
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2010
          Both are valuable qualities, within reason.  Dedication to the service of of others is beautiful, as is the ability to reflect on the nature of Self.
          ~Beth