RE:Knives, Guns, and Meditation

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
      Yo Sean,
      Bette and I are seriously considering displaying the knives in March or April at "The Nation's Gun Show" in Chantilly VA. Over 1,100 tables, a mile and a half of gun dealers, and tens of thousands of attendees. Very unique scene there and the highlight is that you can rent machine guns, flame throwers, and tanks and fire away. But unlike probably all of the people at that show, we'll most likely then take a trip to Yogaville, about 20 miles south of Charlettsville, and visit the Ashram there. We've been there many times and have always found it to be the most serene and high place we've ever experienced. And the inner explosives there are at least as amazing as the artillery at any gun show!
      Would enjoy hooking up with you and yours if and when we get down there.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2010
        This weekend I'll be displaying my knives at
        the Harrisburg Gun Show which is held in the
        Harrisburg PA Farm Complex. It's quite a scene -
        800 to 1200 tables full of weapons, thousands
        of people who use weapons, and --- get this --
        they sell beer there! What a combination! And
        there I'll be meeting with Meditation Society
        of America members and various friends and
        fellow meditators discussing the infinite,
        eternal and the ways to know them experientially,
        all the while stopping pretty often to interact
        with the collectors, hunters, and fellow knifemakers
        who give my knives new homes. So if you're used to
        going to Ashrams and similar calm serene settings
        to experience meditation and want to kick it up
        to know what functioning in a meditative mode
        in a much more challenging environment is like,
        stop by my table this Saturday or Sunday and we'll
        get high together without any beer or ammo to amp
        things up.
        PS: you can see the knives at:
        http://www.bobroseknives.com
        Oh yeah, I now have really good sheaths that
        are hand made by a young Amish neighbor that
        will come with many of the knives
      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2010
          Nothing will make the mind chatter disapate faster than putting a point on target, or riding a bike at 90 mph