Re: [Meditation Society of America] Knives, Guns, and Meditation

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
      Hey Bob when you gonna do a show in Virginia?

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
        Yo Sean,
        Bette and I are seriously considering displaying the knives in March or April at "The Nation's Gun Show" in Chantilly VA. Over 1,100 tables, a mile and a half of gun dealers, and tens of thousands of attendees. Very unique scene there and the highlight is that you can rent machine guns, flame throwers, and tanks and fire away. But unlike probably all of the people at that show, we'll most likely then take a trip to Yogaville, about 20 miles south of Charlettsville, and visit the Ashram there. We've been there many times and have always found it to be the most serene and high place we've ever experienced. And the inner explosives there are at least as amazing as the artillery at any gun show!
        Would enjoy hooking up with you and yours if and when we get down there.
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2010
          This weekend I'll be displaying my knives at
          the Harrisburg Gun Show which is held in the
          Harrisburg PA Farm Complex. It's quite a scene -
          800 to 1200 tables full of weapons, thousands
          of people who use weapons, and --- get this --
          they sell beer there! What a combination! And
          there I'll be meeting with Meditation Society
          of America members and various friends and
          fellow meditators discussing the infinite,
          eternal and the ways to know them experientially,
          all the while stopping pretty often to interact
          with the collectors, hunters, and fellow knifemakers
          who give my knives new homes. So if you're used to
          going to Ashrams and similar calm serene settings
          to experience meditation and want to kick it up
          to know what functioning in a meditative mode
          in a much more challenging environment is like,
          stop by my table this Saturday or Sunday and we'll
          get high together without any beer or ammo to amp
          things up.
          PS: you can see the knives at:
          http://www.bobroseknives.com
          Oh yeah, I now have really good sheaths that
          are hand made by a young Amish neighbor that
          will come with many of the knives
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2010
            Nothing will make the mind chatter disapate faster than putting a point on target, or riding a bike at 90 mph