Knives, Guns, and Meditation

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
      For the next 3 week-ends, knives that have come about
      as a physical demonstration of a meditative process will be
      displayed at 2 gun shows and at a knife show. If you search
      this groups messages for Zen and the Art of Knifemaking,
      you will see links to some of the knives, and the story behind
      their creation. if you want to see most of what will be shown
      at the show, they can be seen at:
      http://www.bobroseknives.com
      And as usual if you want to stop by and share meditation concepts,
      experiences, and techniques, or just to say hello, the dates and locations are:
      9/11 and 9/12 Pennsylvania Farm How Complex, Harrisburg, PA
      9/17, 9/18, 9/19 Valley Forge Convention Center, Valley Forge, PA
      These are both gun shows and create an environment as unlikely to
      be condusive to meditation as could be found outside of a war zone.
      The knife show will be in Easton, PA on 9/25 at the Forks Twp. Community Center.
      Hope to see you there.
      Peace snd blessings,
      Bob
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
        Hey Bob when you gonna do a show in Virginia?

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
          Yo Sean,
          Bette and I are seriously considering displaying the knives in March or April at "The Nation's Gun Show" in Chantilly VA. Over 1,100 tables, a mile and a half of gun dealers, and tens of thousands of attendees. Very unique scene there and the highlight is that you can rent machine guns, flame throwers, and tanks and fire away. But unlike probably all of the people at that show, we'll most likely then take a trip to Yogaville, about 20 miles south of Charlettsville, and visit the Ashram there. We've been there many times and have always found it to be the most serene and high place we've ever experienced. And the inner explosives there are at least as amazing as the artillery at any gun show!
          Would enjoy hooking up with you and yours if and when we get down there.
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2010
            This weekend I'll be displaying my knives at
            the Harrisburg Gun Show which is held in the
            Harrisburg PA Farm Complex. It's quite a scene -
            800 to 1200 tables full of weapons, thousands
            of people who use weapons, and --- get this --
            they sell beer there! What a combination! And
            there I'll be meeting with Meditation Society
            of America members and various friends and
            fellow meditators discussing the infinite,
            eternal and the ways to know them experientially,
            all the while stopping pretty often to interact
            with the collectors, hunters, and fellow knifemakers
            who give my knives new homes. So if you're used to
            going to Ashrams and similar calm serene settings
            to experience meditation and want to kick it up
            to know what functioning in a meditative mode
            in a much more challenging environment is like,
            stop by my table this Saturday or Sunday and we'll
            get high together without any beer or ammo to amp
            things up.
            PS: you can see the knives at:
            http://www.bobroseknives.com
            Oh yeah, I now have really good sheaths that
            are hand made by a young Amish neighbor that
            will come with many of the knives
          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2010
              Nothing will make the mind chatter disapate faster than putting a point on target, or riding a bike at 90 mph