THE LANGUAGE OF SILENCE by Amma Karunamayi

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 6:45 AM
      Silence, the absence of sound, gives you divine
      energy and refreshes you. Silence gives immortality,
      peace, divine strength. There is great power in
      our silence. In silence we hear the inner voice of
      the soul. Without silence-mental silence, not
      physical silence-we are restless. If anyone finds
      fault with us, we at once find fault with them in
      return and do not accept what we have been told. We
      react negatively. This is rajasic behavior. On the
      other hand, when we have absolute silence inside,
      no force coming from the external environment will
      ever affect us, because we will be surrounded by
      the spiritual power of our meditation. So, my dear
      divine children, be always in that tranquility. It
      is not available in this external world. Peace is
      always in the garden of our heart. Our heart is a
      sweet garden. In that divine garden, tranquility
      is the real fruit.

      Physical power is only one percent of our true
      nature; intellectual power is fifty percent; but
      soul power, divine power, is a thousand percent.
      When we are always entangled in the body-mind-intellectual
      cages, our power is limited, our energy is limited.
      As we are now, we are like fish in a small cup-we
      are limited. But our true nature is not limited. Our
      true nature is like the vast ocean. When we are
      entangled in ignorance, we think we are restricted
      to a small cup. When we touch Supreme Consciousness
      through meditation, then we are boundless, we are
      everywhere, we are eternal. When we know and realize
      the true nature of the Self, only then can we be
      in this state. And silence is the key. The real
      nature of the soul is not anger, not jealousy-that
      is not our nature. The true nature of the atma is
      complete silence. Deep, deep in that silence, the
      peace of the soul is infinite, immeasurable. Without
      inner silence we can never achieve in meditation
      that eternal, boundless happiness within.

      Silence is nectar for the sage. All the holy
      people-Jesus, Buddha, Ramakrishna Paramahansa,
      Ramana Maharshi-are always turned inward. When
      we go inside the heart, we have unlimited awareness.
      Then only do we find the invisible soul. We touch
      that in meditation only. The real touching, the
      smooth touching, the tender touching of divine
      experience is only and always inside, in our
      silence. We listen to that inner voice in our meditation.

      For more by and about Amma Karunamayi:
      http://www.karunamayi.org/
      This excerpt of Sri Karunamayi's article is being posted
      for non-commercial purposes only and is done under the
      Fair Use statutes.