Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Aug 21, 2010
      Expand Your Understanding

      "Understand yourself first. Understand your capacity,
      then you will say, `Well, it is my capacity now; let
      me develop my capacity to understand more.' When a
      razor doesn't shave properly it's because the razor
      is blunt. So what should be done? The razor must be
      sharpened if you want to use it again. In the same
      way, our intellect is blunt, it has its own limitations.
      So, sharpen your intellect. There is no harm in
      wanting to know everything, but if you really want
      to know everything, become fit. Develop the capacity
      to know everything. Then, it will be revealed to you.
      In reality, nothing is hidden from you—it is all an
      open book. Once you expand yourself, then you will
      understand things more and more.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.YogaAndPeace.org
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)