A Way to Start a Meditation Session

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2010
      Place yourself in an environment that is quiet
      and pleasant, and in a position that is comfortable
      for you, but not so much so that you will fall
      asleep. Starting with your feet and going upwards,
      mentally scan your body and command any areas that
      have tension to relax.

      Say firmly to your Self:

      Mind: Don't bother me during this meditation.
      No judging, comparing, or comments that distract
      me. I will stay silent and without any inner chatter
      that takes my focus away from the object of my
      meditation. If I do get distracted, I will witness this
      and say "Oh well", and return to the meditation.

      Body: Don't bother me during this meditation. No itching,
      twitching, painful or pleasant sensations, or any
      physical actions or reactions that distract me. I will
      simply relax and not take my focus away from the
      object of my meditation. If I do get distracted,
      I will witness this and say "Oh well", and return
      to the meditation.

      Emotions: Don't bother me during this meditation.
      No sadness or joy, depression or elation. No mood
      swings or any other emotional actions or reactions
      that distract me. I will be calm and serene and not
      take my focus away from the object of my meditation.
      If I do get distracted, I will witness this and say
      "Oh well", and return to the meditation.

      You may now want to include a prayer to a Higher Power,
      God, a Guru or Deity, etc asking for guidance, protection,
      answers, and so on.

      Begin your breath control or awareness, 3rd eye
      vision, mantra reciting, enquiry into "Who Am I",
      healing technique, witness of your thoughts with or
      without analysis, generation and radiation of love and
      compassion, or whatever other technique you want to initiate.

      Concentrate on the object, feeling, thought, and so on,
      of your meditation.

      Witness meditation filling you.

      Merge and emerge in contemplation.

      Live happily ever after.