Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective

  • Greg Brown
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19, 2010
      Exctly! That is why one must equally care for soneself and others at the same time.

      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"

      :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com>
      To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 11:16 PM

      You are one of 7 billion people that are one of
      billions of species living on Earth. Our planet
      is one of several circling a medium sized star that
      is one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky
      Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of
      galaxies in our galactic cluster, and our galactic
      cluster is one of billions of galactic clusters
      that comprise our universe, which is one of an untold
      number of universes. So just how important is that problem
      you're worried about?

      Kir Li Molari

    • dan330033
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 20, 2010
        There isn't any self, except for imagining.

        There isn't any other, except for imagining.

        There isn't any need to add more compassion to reality, except for imagining such to be the case.

        Simply cease imagining, and what is so, is "so," is - and has never been absent.

        Has never been missing or missed.

        Try to define the Real - and immediately you enter into a dream, in which unreality (imagining) becomes seemingly the real, and the real becomes seemingly nonexistent.

        In the dream there is seeming continuity, and the discontinuity which is the actual, can't be seen, doesn't register. Imaginary things that have reference-points seem to exist, whereas the actual, which refers to nothing and to which nothing refers, seems not to be.

        In a dream, the self is imagined dealing with barriers, gaining insight, adding compassion, all kinds of other "adventures" ...

        - Dan -

        (nnb)

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
          We are one of 7 billion people that are one
          of billions of species of living things on Earth.
          Our planet is one of several circling a medium
          sized star that is one of hundreds of billions of
          stars in the Milky Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds
          of billions of galaxies in our galactic cluster, and
          our galactic cluster is one of hundreds of billions
          of galactic clusters that comprise our universe, which
          is one of an untold number of universes. So just how
          important is that problem you're worried about?

          Kir Li Molari

          According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the total population
          of the World, projected to 04/02/12 at 00:56 UTC (EST+5) is

          7,004,329,727
        • walto
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2012

            > We are one of 7 billion people that are one
            > of billions of species of living things on Earth.
            > Our planet is one of several circling a medium
            > sized star that is one of hundreds of billions of
            > stars in the Milky Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds
            > of billions of galaxies in our galactic cluster, and
            > our galactic cluster is one of hundreds of billions
            > of galactic clusters that comprise our universe, which
            > is one of an untold number of universes. So just how
            > important is that problem you're worried about?

            Well, of the millions of neurons that could have fired, and the many trillions (indeed infinite number) of thoughts I might have had, it's the particular stuff that surfaced.

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 24, 2012