Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective

Expand Messages
  • Greg Brown
    Exctly! That is why one must equally care for soneself and others at the same time. Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Exctly! That is why one must equally care for soneself and others at the same time.

      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
       
      :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

       


      --- On Mon, 7/19/10, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      From: sean tremblay <bethjams9@...>
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 4:55 AM

       
      If a man is drowning, does it matter if he knows how many drops of rain are contained in the sea?

      --- On Sun, 7/18/10, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
      To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 11:16 PM

       
      You are one of 7 billion people that are one of
      billions of species living on Earth. Our planet
      is one of several circling a medium sized star that
      is one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky
      Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of
      galaxies in our galactic cluster, and our galactic
      cluster is one of billions of galactic clusters
      that comprise our universe, which is one of an untold
      number of universes. So just how important is that problem
      you're worried about?

      Kir Li Molari


    • Greg Brown
      One,   Interesting! I will consider your comments think about them. The self-mind is a difficult barrier for me evidently.   Peace, Greg. Every normal man
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 19, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        One,
         
        Interesting! I will consider your comments think about them. The self-mind is a difficult barrier for me evidently.
         
        Peace, Greg.

        "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
         
        :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

         


        --- On Mon, 7/19/10, cosmic_yogi1 <hanifshekhem@...> wrote:

        From: cosmic_yogi1 <hanifshekhem@...>
        Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 9:07 AM

         
        Greg, i greet you with peace and balance.
        As We continue to ' Learn to Un-learn', the thought of compassion being 'something that must be developed' is questionable.  The thought of compassion can be said to be nothing more than an ideal that our limited minds will contrive.  This limitation with a  personal thought creates more barriers for an Absolute Genuine compassion to exist.  As i grasp the concept of the thread, We are infinitely and inextricably tied to a Greater ALL, and to be consumed into our own world of worries, ie...thoughts about what is this or what is that misses the point.
         
        ONE

        --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Greg Brown <browntrout@. ..> wrote:
        >
        > Being compassionate and kind to myself allows me to be kind and compassionate to everyone else, as well as all of the universes that exist! I have studied very deeply into Cosmology and Astrophysics as well as Unification Theory, and I have thought about exactly what you are saying. However, compassion something that must be developed, and I do believe that one can not be truly compassionate to all that exists unless one can be truly compassionate to their self.
        >
        >
        >
        > "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
        >  
        > :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).
        >
        >  
        >
        > --- On Sun, 7/18/10, medit8ionsociety no_reply@yahoogroup s.com wrote:
        >
        >
        > From: medit8ionsociety no_reply@yahoogroup s.com
        > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
        > To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
        > Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 10:16 PM
        >
        >
        >  
        >
        >
        >
        > You are one of 7 billion people that are one of
        > billions of species living on Earth. Our planet
        > is one of several circling a medium sized star that
        > is one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky
        > Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of
        > galaxies in our galactic cluster, and our galactic
        > cluster is one of billions of galactic clusters
        > that comprise our universe, which is one of an untold
        > number of universes. So just how important is that problem
        > you're worried about?
        >
        > Kir Li Molari
        >
      • sean tremblay
        right on ... From: medit8ionsociety Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective To:
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 19, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          right on

          --- On Mon, 7/19/10, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 7:39 AM

           

          sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:
          >
          > If a man is drowning, does it matter if he knows how many drops of rain are contained in the sea?
          >
          Maybe and maybe not. What "matters" is if the
          drowning is taking his peace away. Realization and
          experience of the Universal Perspective (UP) is
          a platform of stability in any given activity.
          When drowning, even if one's body is paniced
          and going "Down", there is no advantage to losing
          "IT" and in fact, being calm and seeing the big
          picture has a greater potential for getting you back
          in the swim. The point Kir Li Molari was making
          is of course up to interpretation relative to any
          given thing, even drowning, but it reminds me of
          the ancient story of a man going to a Guru and
          asking what to do to get Enlightened. The Guru
          has him go to a river; they both get in and the
          Guru grabs the man and holds his head under
          water. Hes tarts thrashing about desperatly
          trying to get out but is unable to. Finally the
          Guru lets him up and as the man gasps the Guru asks
          him "What were you thinking about when you were
          drowning. The man says "All I could think of was
          how much I want to breath." The Guru replied
          "When you desire God as much as you wanted to
          breath, you will know Enlightenment"
          Peace and blessings,
          Bob
          > --- On Sun, 7/18/10, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          >
          > From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 11:16 PM
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >  
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > You are one of 7 billion people that are one of
          >
          > billions of species living on Earth. Our planet
          >
          > is one of several circling a medium sized star that
          >
          > is one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky
          >
          > Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of
          >
          > galaxies in our galactic cluster, and our galactic
          >
          > cluster is one of billions of galactic clusters
          >
          > that comprise our universe, which is one of an untold
          >
          > number of universes. So just how important is that problem
          >
          > you're worried about?
          >
          >
          >
          > Kir Li Molari
          >


        • sean tremblay
          Exactly, my point is to the one who suffers his suffering is all that is being experienced at that moment ... From: Greg Brown Subject:
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 19, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            Exactly, my point is to the one who suffers his suffering is all that is being experienced at that moment

            --- On Mon, 7/19/10, Greg Brown <browntrout@...> wrote:

            From: Greg Brown <browntrout@...>
            Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 1:05 AM

             

            Being compassionate and kind to myself allows me to be kind and compassionate to everyone else, as well as all of the universes that exist! I have studied very deeply into Cosmology and Astrophysics as well as Unification Theory, and I have thought about exactly what you are saying. However, compassion something that must be developed, and I do believe that one can not be truly compassionate to all that exists unless one can be truly compassionate to their self.

            "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
             
            :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

             


            --- On Sun, 7/18/10, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:

            From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com>
            Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
            To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
            Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 10:16 PM

             
            You are one of 7 billion people that are one of
            billions of species living on Earth. Our planet
            is one of several circling a medium sized star that
            is one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky
            Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of
            galaxies in our galactic cluster, and our galactic
            cluster is one of billions of galactic clusters
            that comprise our universe, which is one of an untold
            number of universes. So just how important is that problem
            you're worried about?

            Kir Li Molari


          • dan330033
            There isn t any self, except for imagining. There isn t any other, except for imagining. There isn t any need to add more compassion to reality, except for
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 20, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              There isn't any self, except for imagining.

              There isn't any other, except for imagining.

              There isn't any need to add more compassion to reality, except for imagining such to be the case.

              Simply cease imagining, and what is so, is "so," is - and has never been absent.

              Has never been missing or missed.

              Try to define the Real - and immediately you enter into a dream, in which unreality (imagining) becomes seemingly the real, and the real becomes seemingly nonexistent.

              In the dream there is seeming continuity, and the discontinuity which is the actual, can't be seen, doesn't register. Imaginary things that have reference-points seem to exist, whereas the actual, which refers to nothing and to which nothing refers, seems not to be.

              In a dream, the self is imagined dealing with barriers, gaining insight, adding compassion, all kinds of other "adventures" ...

              - Dan -

              (nnb)

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Greg Brown <browntrout@...> wrote:
              >
              > One,
              >  
              > Interesting! I will consider your comments think about them. The self-mind is a difficult barrier for me evidently.
              >  
              > Peace, Greg.
              >
              >
              >
              > "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
              >  
              > :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).
              >
              >  
              >
              > --- On Mon, 7/19/10, cosmic_yogi1 <hanifshekhem@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              > From: cosmic_yogi1 <hanifshekhem@...>
              > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 9:07 AM
              >
              >
              >  
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > Greg, i greet you with peace and balance.
              > As We continue to ' Learn to Un-learn', the thought of compassion being 'something that must be developed' is questionable.  The thought of compassion can be said to be nothing more than an ideal that our limited minds will contrive.  This limitation with a  personal thought creates more barriers for an Absolute Genuine compassion to exist.  As i grasp the concept of the thread, We are infinitely and inextricably tied to a Greater ALL, and to be consumed into our own world of worries, ie...thoughts about what is this or what is that misses the point.
              >  
              > ONE
              >
              > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Greg Brown <browntrout@ ..> wrote:
              > >
              > > Being compassionate and kind to myself allows me to be kind and compassionate to everyone else, as well as all of the universes that exist! I have studied very deeply into Cosmology and Astrophysics as well as Unification Theory, and I have thought about exactly what you are saying. However, compassion something that must be developed, and I do believe that one can not be truly compassionate to all that exists unless one can be truly compassionate to their self.
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
              > >  
              > > :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).
              > >
              > >  
              > >
              > > --- On Sun, 7/18/10, medit8ionsociety no_reply@yahoogroup s.com wrote:
              > >
              > >
              > > From: medit8ionsociety no_reply@yahoogroup s.com
              > > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective
              > > To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
              > > Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 10:16 PM
              > >
              > >
              > >  
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > You are one of 7 billion people that are one of
              > > billions of species living on Earth. Our planet
              > > is one of several circling a medium sized star that
              > > is one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky
              > > Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of
              > > galaxies in our galactic cluster, and our galactic
              > > cluster is one of billions of galactic clusters
              > > that comprise our universe, which is one of an untold
              > > number of universes. So just how important is that problem
              > > you're worried about?
              > >
              > > Kir Li Molari
              > >
              >
            • medit8ionsociety
              We are one of 7 billion people that are one of billions of species of living things on Earth. Our planet is one of several circling a medium sized star that is
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                We are one of 7 billion people that are one
                of billions of species of living things on Earth.
                Our planet is one of several circling a medium
                sized star that is one of hundreds of billions of
                stars in the Milky Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds
                of billions of galaxies in our galactic cluster, and
                our galactic cluster is one of hundreds of billions
                of galactic clusters that comprise our universe, which
                is one of an untold number of universes. So just how
                important is that problem you're worried about?

                Kir Li Molari

                According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the total population
                of the World, projected to 04/02/12 at 00:56 UTC (EST+5) is

                7,004,329,727
              • walto
                ... Well, of the millions of neurons that could have fired, and the many trillions (indeed infinite number) of thoughts I might have had, it s the particular
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 3, 2012
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > We are one of 7 billion people that are one
                  > of billions of species of living things on Earth.
                  > Our planet is one of several circling a medium
                  > sized star that is one of hundreds of billions of
                  > stars in the Milky Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds
                  > of billions of galaxies in our galactic cluster, and
                  > our galactic cluster is one of hundreds of billions
                  > of galactic clusters that comprise our universe, which
                  > is one of an untold number of universes. So just how
                  > important is that problem you're worried about?
                  >


                  Well, of the millions of neurons that could have fired, and the many trillions (indeed infinite number) of thoughts I might have had, it's the particular stuff that surfaced.

                  W
                • medit8ionsociety
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_J5rBxeTIk&feature=youtu.be
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 24, 2012
                  • 0 Attachment
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.