Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Greg Brown
    Message 1 of 201 , Jul 16, 2010
      Sean,

      I see! Thanks for the reply again! Yes, I love that quote too. Peace, out, Greg.

      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"

      :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

      It's a Hatha Yoga system, I don't know much more about it exept my wife teaches it
      Love the quote BTW

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com>
      To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Friday, July 9, 2010, 11:20 PM

      Anyone Can Practice Yoga

      "You need not think, `I have all these bad
      habits—smoking, drinking, eating meat—so I
      am unfit for practicing Yoga.' Even with all
      these habits, if you start Yoga, you can
      slowly get out of the unhealthy habits.
      Sometimes people ask me, `Should I stop
      smoking, should I stop drinking before I
      come to practice Yoga?' I say, `No, it is
      not necessary.' If I say, `Yes, you must
      stop before you come to Yoga,' it's like a
      doctor asking you to get rid of all your
      diseases before you take the medicine. So
      nobody is disqualified from Yoga practice.
      The great scripture of Yoga, Hatha Yoga
      Pradipika, says, `Be one young, old, sick
      or very sick, if one practices Yoga, one
      will become healthy and happy.'

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.YogaAndP eace.org

      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda