Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 9, 2010
      Anyone Can Practice Yoga

      "You need not think, `I have all these bad
      habits—smoking, drinking, eating meat—so I
      am unfit for practicing Yoga.' Even with all
      these habits, if you start Yoga, you can
      slowly get out of the unhealthy habits.
      Sometimes people ask me, `Should I stop
      smoking, should I stop drinking before I
      come to practice Yoga?' I say, `No, it is
      not necessary.' If I say, `Yes, you must
      stop before you come to Yoga,' it's like a
      doctor asking you to get rid of all your
      diseases before you take the medicine. So
      nobody is disqualified from Yoga practice.
      The great scripture of Yoga, Hatha Yoga
      Pradipika, says, `Be one young, old, sick
      or very sick, if one practices Yoga, one
      will become healthy and happy.'

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.YogaAndPeace.org
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)