Meditation or sleep

  • Ahmed Tayeb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2010
      Hi foks,
      I started meditaion few months ago.
      At the begenning it was very hard to concentrate.
      Now Starting to focus on my meditaion subject(usually my breathing) becomes quite easy. But after 5 to 10 minutes I go to a state which resembles sleep but I am not sure it is sleep.Just my mind goes somewhere which is kind of absence from the scene and I forgot about the meditaion itself.Sometimes I see colors, see kind of dreams.
      I dont know if this is sleep or what it is.The one thing I am sure is that I come back to my awarness very relax, calm and with a very nice peace in my heart that lasts for a while.
      Regards

    • krishnan sundaram
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2010
        u r on the right track. try to avoid non-veg. it will help to calm the mind.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
          Yo Ahmed,
          What you are describing is your
          being in contact with your Inner Witness
          which has the potential to be aware of your
          sensory input, your emotions, and your mind's
          changes. This is your "Real Self" that we all
          look outside for but is ever available within.
          I think this is the significant part of the progress
          you have made in your meditation practice. Ease of
          concentration and meditation will be ongoing and
          available as you persevere with your meditating.
          The usual state most people walk around in
          is too similar to being asleep and sleepwalking.
          Meditation is one of the most valid paths to awakening.
          I wish you well.
          PS: Every religion is "good" and worth while and
          can be seen as "bad" by those whose dreaming while
          awake is too similar to a nightmare. Have compassion
          for those people for "They know not what they do".