Re: Judging

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
      Thanks, Bob for a nice compendium of quotes about nonjudmental awareness.

      Being aware, as such, is naturally free of any judgment.

      There simply is no judgmental self or judgmental mind in awareness.

      Awareness is undivided, and thus is purely and simply being aware without attachment or discrimination.

      There are no separable things for it to be judgmental about.

      If awareness could be aware of separable things, if such could exist - there could be a judgmental mind in awareness, reactions toward and against things in it or for it.

      But there are no separable things existing apart from awareness, so what is being viewed/experienced is the awareness that is viewing/experiencing.

      Thus, no basis for any judgment.

      As long as there is the maintained belief in an existing separable being that has its own awareness apart from what is being viewed/experienced, there will be judgment.

      Judgment is basic to the construction of distance between observer and observed. It is because of the construction of division between subject and object that movement towards or away from objects, wanting or fearing, wanting to possess or get rid of, wanting to be in certain states and not in other states ... comes about.

      It is only the actual being aware without distance apart that involves no judgment.

      "Let thine eye be single and thy body will be filled with light."

      Or ...

      "Be aware without division, and light (awareness) and body (subject and object) will be not-two."

      - D -