[Meditation Society of America] Re: Do You Need Formal Teaching To Meditate?

  • Katrina
    Message 1 of 15 , May 28, 2010
      All,

      I want to thank you for all your words of guidance. It has taken me a while to sort through them all and I will most likely read them over several times.

      Aideen,

      I liked your response in the sense that I agree there is a certain level of anxiety when you know perhaps "too much"? and focus purely on the technique and not the journey.

      I wonder if the best route is to seek a teacher with an open mind and see if that works. If not, perhaps at a later time. Or perhaps the real answer is the truncated form of that...just keep an open mind!

      Thanks to all,

      Katrina