Only The Self Is Real

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2010
      The world is but a show, glittering and empty.
      It is, and yet is not. It is there as long as
      I want to see it and take part in it. When I
      cease caring, it dissolves, It has no cause and
      serves no purpose. It just happens when we are
      absent-minded. It appears exactly as it looks,
      but there is no depth in it, nor meaning. Only
      the onlooker is real, call him Self or Atma.
      To the Self the world is but a colorful show,
      which he enjoys as long as it lasts and forgets
      when it is over. Whatever happens on the stage
      makes him shudder in terror or roll with laughter,
      yet all the time he is aware that it is but a show.
      Without desire or fear he enjoys it, as it happens.

      Nisargadatta Maharaj
      FAIR USE NOTICE
      This site contains copyrighted material the
      use of which has not always been specifically
      authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      making such material available in our efforts
      to advance understanding of environmental,
      scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
      etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
      for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
      the material on this site is distributed
      without profit to those who have expressed a
      prior interest in receiving the included information
      for research and educational purposes. For more
      information go to:
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
      site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
      you must obtain permission from the copyright owner