Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dalai Lama NY Times Op-Ed Today

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2010
      Right on

      --- On Wed, 5/26/10, dan330033 <dan330033@...> wrote:

      From: dan330033 <dan330033@...>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dalai Lama NY Times Op-Ed Today
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 3:47 PM

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Dan great words from the Dali Lama
      >  but man that topic can get me going for DAYS!
      > One of my first impressions of the Afghans was, they are a soft spoken people, never say an unkind word, they are hospitable,and generous, they love to laugh.  They are also very affectionate, faithful and religious. They also smoke tons of Dope!
      > It's a wonder there is any violence there at all!
      > On the flip side a cross word can end in a knife fight! a knife fight can end in an inter tribal feud that can go on for generations, it was my experience that it was from tribal feuds that the divisions between government and Taliban were drawn with each side aligning with a group that they thought best gave them the advantage in the fight.  But like the internal struggle of inner violence many of us face, they too can end there fighting by simply not fighting, just letting go!

      Hi Sean -

      Yes, good points. Thanks for your sharing about the Afghans.

      The inner struggle isn't separate from the outer struggle, because there is no inner separated from an outer.

      It is the struggle of the identified vs. the identified, on the battlefield that has been identified.

      Until none is identified.

      Such that inner and outer aren't divided.

      Such that there is nothing out there to identify as, and nothing in here to do any identifying.

      - Dan -