RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Swami Sivananda on signs of spiritual evolution

  • Aideen Mckenna
    Message 1 of 40 , May 21, 2010

      Hi Faithe,

      What I was/am saying is that I’m dismayed that you seem to be taking offence.  I didn’t see anything hurtful in their comments, but that’s me  And maybe you aren’t offended after all & I’m misreading your words. If you’re feeling that you were/are offended, I feel sad.   I hope you don’t find this group unwelcoming.  It’s been a help to me as I lurch along.  Written words on a screen or a paper page are nowhere close to a substitute for a gathering of people in a space.  Body language is missing, facial expressions...  I no longer understand what’s going on in the conversation & I think I’m not contributing anything useful.  I hope I haven’t been a cause for any loss of peace.

      Love & peace,

      Aideen

      Message 40 of 40 , May 24, 2010
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

        > Words (sound or written) indeed are vibrations, but are not "just
        > vibrations". They are one of the methods used to communicate that to
        > which one is attached.

        D: Unless one is not attached.

        > It is a tool that has been developed and used
        > (not always successfully, I might add).

        D: Yes, words develop, as does thought.

        > On peace, well, we certainly don't have it here, so I am guessing it is
        > no where - "as it is above, so it is below".

        D: It depends on what you mean by "peace." If "peace" is taken as undivided being aware, then peace is directly clear. If "peace" is taken as all people on the earth not harming each other, not manipulating, not stealing, not deceiving, not assaulting, etc. - then clearly one does not observe peace as what is occuring in the world.

        Being aware above as below, there is no division, and no outside or inside - call this by whatever name seems to fit the conversation of the moment, such as being, awareness, peace, love, or like the Taoists "the uncarved block."

        Doesn't matter very much what you call it -.

        At heart, there is no name for this - just the being of it.

        - Dan -