Re: Swami Sivananda on signs of spiritual evolution

  • cosmic_yogi1
    Message 1 of 40 , May 20, 2010
      Yo!

      Thank you all for the contemplation on attachment. Dan's wisdom is greatly appreci-loved. And, as usual, when i read Faithe's responses they reveal my attaching ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and limited perceptions in this earthly reality. It reminds me of how the lotus flower emerges from the muck and mire each day to reach its full expression.

      What i meditated on from Dan's love re attachment:

      -One living instantaneously/timelessly has no existence in a realm
      > where words are being produced and read.

      -There is no other to tell this to.

      -one living *such* is free, beyond freedom or boundedness --

      > > is not followed by the past and karma ...
      > >
      > > yet has no motive not to be simply present as is, without division ...
      > >
      > > thus no motive for deception ...
      > >
      > > nothing to be gained, nor avoided, nor proved, nor shown to "another"

      Beautiful!

      ONE!

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dan.
      >
      > WOW...
      >
      > Tell me, you know all this, how?
      >
      > A lot of words (attachment) used to discussed unattachment!
      >
      > Are you happy...or is that something one who is not attached does not
      > contemplate?
      >
      > Personally, I read this, shook my head and mumbled to myself..."thought
      > running amok".
      >
      > Nice to "see" you.
      >
      > Faithe
      >
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033"

    • dan330033
      Message 40 of 40 , May 24, 2010
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

        > Words (sound or written) indeed are vibrations, but are not "just
        > vibrations". They are one of the methods used to communicate that to
        > which one is attached.

        D: Unless one is not attached.

        > It is a tool that has been developed and used
        > (not always successfully, I might add).

        D: Yes, words develop, as does thought.

        > On peace, well, we certainly don't have it here, so I am guessing it is
        > no where - "as it is above, so it is below".

        D: It depends on what you mean by "peace." If "peace" is taken as undivided being aware, then peace is directly clear. If "peace" is taken as all people on the earth not harming each other, not manipulating, not stealing, not deceiving, not assaulting, etc. - then clearly one does not observe peace as what is occuring in the world.

        Being aware above as below, there is no division, and no outside or inside - call this by whatever name seems to fit the conversation of the moment, such as being, awareness, peace, love, or like the Taoists "the uncarved block."

        Doesn't matter very much what you call it -.

        At heart, there is no name for this - just the being of it.

        - Dan -