Re: About this group and posting about Youtube URL's

    Message 1 of 5 , May 15 1:58 PM
      "Papajeff" <jeff@...> wrote:

      > Bob,
      >
      > You 'read' of the posting
      > of my link to the video is
      > stunning to me. You read
      > it as pridefully strutting
      > my own personal spiritual
      > achievements "instead" of
      > encouraging seekers to press
      > on when they come to the point
      > where the ego's guardians of
      > fear and doubt so often
      > turn them back.
      >
      > To me, the purpose of relating
      > my story is that is presents
      > a "live" person speaking to
      > the wiles of the ego and
      > the incredible potential we
      > have to experience profound
      > peace of mind - and end the
      > suffering.
      >
      > With Love.
      >
      > Jeff

      Yo Papajeff,

      Not necessarily me, and in any case, it definitely
      is not just me Papajeff, that sees your repeatedly
      telling the same story (your "own personal spiritual
      achievements") as something not found in others who
      know but don't say they know, and do see it in those
      who don't know and say they do.

      You have heard this many times before on other forums.
      Recently I have received emails questioning me as to why
      I allow it, and I have had to talk people out of dropping
      out of the group over this issue.

      I have responded that I see great potential benefit
      in what you write and how you write, but as other
      people have pointed out, it may be 100% unneeded to tell
      "your story" if you really just want to share. So, you're
      not just being a ""live" person speaking to the wiles
      of the ego"; to some, you also appear to be "selling
      your Enlightenment", and this doesn't just distract from
      the rest of the message ("the incredible potential
      we have to experience profound peace of mind - and
      end the suffering.") It has the potential to negate it.

      What I'd suggest is that if you have something to
      post here that can be communicated without personal
      reference that will help others, please do it.
      And if you want people to hear your own story,
      they can certainly find it on your own group and
      in your own writings elsewhere.
      Perhaps by posting and then putting the URL's that
      point to "your story" at the bottom of the post, all
      of this group's and your own objectives may be met.

      I wish you well, and hope that your being "stunned"
      is not anything that takes your peace away in any way.

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > When I go to Youtube and search Swami Satchidananda,
      > > the Dalai Lama, and a few others, I find dozens of videos
      > > about consciousness, inner peace, yoga, meditation,
      > > how to be happy, etc. In them, I don't see them talking
      > > about their own "Enlightenment" or their "Enlightenment
      > > experience". They never seem to talk about anything
      > > that doesn't diminish others suffering and instead points
      > > to their own personal spiritual achievements. So I conclude
      > > that they are simply vehicles for higher energy and
      > > wisdom to flow through, and that they personally have no
      > > agenda other than sharing selflessly for the good of all
      > > of us.
      > >
      > > As the moderator of this forum, and to respond to recent
      > > emails criticizing some posts, I think that these kinds
      > > of videos are well worth pointing to relative to what
      > > I think this forum should be used for...IE: Sharing
      > > things help people evolve in consciousness and lead
      > > towards living happily ever after.
      > >
      > > Maybe this isn't a fair or accurate conclusion, but I agree
      > > that there needs to be some criteria for what gets posted
      > > here and as moderator that task falls on me. In the past
      > > I have found it necessary to not allow some posts
      > > that I thought were inappropriate. These included
      > > ones pointing to cult sites, ads aimed at selling things,
      > > ones aimed at putting down other posters, etc. So, for
      > > the past year or so I have put all new members on
      > > moderation and have deleted posts from current members
      > > that had no value except toward furthering the
      > > personal gain (egotistically or materially) of the people
      > > who posted them.
      > >
      > > Another plague that has hit other groups is that people
      > > post URL's that lead to viruses. So, what I am asking
      > > for is to please be considerate and avoid posting for
      > > ego's sake or to exploit or to be hurtful or harmful
      > > to others.
      > >
      > > Whattayathink?
      > >
      > > Peace blessings,
      > > Bob

    • Papajeff
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15 5:43 PM
        OK. Signing off.

> [...]
        > > >
        > > > Maybe this isn't a fair or accurate conclusion, but I agree
        > > > that there needs to be some criteria for what gets posted
        > > > here and as moderator that task falls on me. In the past
        > > > I have found it necessary to not allow some posts
        > > > that I thought were inappropriate. These included
        > > > ones pointing to cult sites, ads aimed at selling things,
        > > > ones aimed at putting down other posters, etc. So, for
        > > > the past year or so I have put all new members on
        > > > moderation and have deleted posts from current members
        > > > that had no value except toward furthering the
        > > > personal gain (egotistically or materially) of the people
        > > > who posted them.
        > > >
        > > > Another plague that has hit other groups is that people
        > > > post URL's that lead to viruses. So, what I am asking
        > > > for is to please be considerate and avoid posting for
        > > > ego's sake or to exploit or to be hurtful or harmful

      • dan330033
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19 3:48 PM

          > You have heard this many times before on other forums.
          > Recently I have received emails questioning me as to why
          > I allow it, and I have had to talk people out of dropping
          > out of the group over this issue.

          Karma:

          It follows one wherever one goes, because it is the return to oneself of what was put out.

          Out is in.

          There is no way out of it.

          Just to be it.

          Mindfully aware without avoidance.