About this group and posting about Youtube URL's

    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2010
      When I go to Youtube and search Swami Satchidananda,
      the Dalai Lama, and a few others, I find dozens of videos
      about consciousness, inner peace, yoga, meditation,
      how to be happy, etc. In them, I don't see them talking
      about their own "Enlightenment" or their "Enlightenment
      experience". They never seem to talk about anything
      that doesn't diminish others suffering and instead points
      to their own personal spiritual achievements. So I conclude
      that they are simply vehicles for higher energy and
      wisdom to flow through, and that they personally have no
      agenda other than sharing selflessly for the good of all
      of us.

      As the moderator of this forum, and to respond to recent
      emails criticizing some posts, I think that these kinds
      of videos are well worth pointing to relative to what
      I think this forum should be used for...IE: Sharing
      things help people evolve in consciousness and lead
      towards living happily ever after.

      Maybe this isn't a fair or accurate conclusion, but I agree
      that there needs to be some criteria for what gets posted
      here and as moderator that task falls on me. In the past
      I have found it necessary to not allow some posts
      that I thought were inappropriate. These included
      ones pointing to cult sites, ads aimed at selling things,
      ones aimed at putting down other posters, etc. So, for
      the past year or so I have put all new members on
      moderation and have deleted posts from current members
      that had no value except toward furthering the
      personal gain (egotistically or materially) of the people
      who posted them.

      Another plague that has hit other groups is that people
      post URL's that lead to viruses. So, what I am asking
      for is to please be considerate and avoid posting for
      ego's sake or to exploit or to be hurtful or harmful
      to others.

      Whattayathink?

      Peace blessings,
      Bob
    • Papajeff
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2010
        Bob,

        You 'read' of the posting
        of my link to the video is
        stunning to me. You read
        it as pridefully strutting
        my own personal spiritual
        achievements "instead" of
        encouraging seekers to press
        on when they come to the point
        where the ego's guardians of
        fear and doubt so often
        turn them back.

        To me, the purpose of relating
        my story is that is presents
        a "live" person speaking to
        the wiles of the ego and
        the incredible potential we
        have to experience profound
        peace of mind - and end the
        suffering.

        With Love.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2010
          "Papajeff" <jeff@...> wrote:

          > Bob,
          >
          > You 'read' of the posting
          > of my link to the video is
          > stunning to me. You read
          > it as pridefully strutting
          > my own personal spiritual
          > achievements "instead" of
          > encouraging seekers to press
          > on when they come to the point
          > where the ego's guardians of
          > fear and doubt so often
          > turn them back.
          >
          > To me, the purpose of relating
          > my story is that is presents
          > a "live" person speaking to
          > the wiles of the ego and
          > the incredible potential we
          > have to experience profound
          > peace of mind - and end the
          > suffering.
          >
          > With Love.
          >
          > Jeff

          Yo Papajeff,

          Not necessarily me, and in any case, it definitely
          is not just me Papajeff, that sees your repeatedly
          telling the same story (your "own personal spiritual
          achievements") as something not found in others who
          know but don't say they know, and do see it in those
          who don't know and say they do.

          You have heard this many times before on other forums.
          Recently I have received emails questioning me as to why
          I allow it, and I have had to talk people out of dropping
          out of the group over this issue.

          I have responded that I see great potential benefit
          in what you write and how you write, but as other
          people have pointed out, it may be 100% unneeded to tell
          "your story" if you really just want to share. So, you're
          not just being a ""live" person speaking to the wiles
          of the ego"; to some, you also appear to be "selling
          your Enlightenment", and this doesn't just distract from
          the rest of the message ("the incredible potential
          we have to experience profound peace of mind - and
          end the suffering.") It has the potential to negate it.

          What I'd suggest is that if you have something to
          post here that can be communicated without personal
          reference that will help others, please do it.
          And if you want people to hear your own story,
          they can certainly find it on your own group and
          in your own writings elsewhere.
          Perhaps by posting and then putting the URL's that
          point to "your story" at the bottom of the post, all
          of this group's and your own objectives may be met.

          I wish you well, and hope that your being "stunned"
          is not anything that takes your peace away in any way.

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > When I go to Youtube and search Swami Satchidananda,
          > > the Dalai Lama, and a few others, I find dozens of videos
          > > about consciousness, inner peace, yoga, meditation,
          > > how to be happy, etc. In them, I don't see them talking
          > > about their own "Enlightenment" or their "Enlightenment
          > > experience". They never seem to talk about anything
          > > that doesn't diminish others suffering and instead points
          > > to their own personal spiritual achievements. So I conclude
          > > that they are simply vehicles for higher energy and
          > > wisdom to flow through, and that they personally have no
          > > agenda other than sharing selflessly for the good of all
          > > of us.
          > >
          > > As the moderator of this forum, and to respond to recent
          > > emails criticizing some posts, I think that these kinds
          > > of videos are well worth pointing to relative to what
          > > I think this forum should be used for...IE: Sharing
          > > things help people evolve in consciousness and lead
          > > towards living happily ever after.
          > >
          > > Maybe this isn't a fair or accurate conclusion, but I agree
          > > that there needs to be some criteria for what gets posted
          > > here and as moderator that task falls on me. In the past
          > > I have found it necessary to not allow some posts
          > > that I thought were inappropriate. These included
          > > ones pointing to cult sites, ads aimed at selling things,
          > > ones aimed at putting down other posters, etc. So, for
          > > the past year or so I have put all new members on
          > > moderation and have deleted posts from current members
          > > that had no value except toward furthering the
          > > personal gain (egotistically or materially) of the people
          > > who posted them.
          > >
          > > Another plague that has hit other groups is that people
          > > post URL's that lead to viruses. So, what I am asking
          > > for is to please be considerate and avoid posting for
          > > ego's sake or to exploit or to be hurtful or harmful
          > > to others.
          > >
          > > Whattayathink?
          > >
          > > Peace blessings,
          > > Bob

        • Papajeff
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2010
            OK. Signing off.

> [...]
            > > >
            > > > Maybe this isn't a fair or accurate conclusion, but I agree
            > > > that there needs to be some criteria for what gets posted
            > > > here and as moderator that task falls on me. In the past
            > > > I have found it necessary to not allow some posts
            > > > that I thought were inappropriate. These included
            > > > ones pointing to cult sites, ads aimed at selling things,
            > > > ones aimed at putting down other posters, etc. So, for
            > > > the past year or so I have put all new members on
            > > > moderation and have deleted posts from current members
            > > > that had no value except toward furthering the
            > > > personal gain (egotistically or materially) of the people
            > > > who posted them.
            > > >
            > > > Another plague that has hit other groups is that people
            > > > post URL's that lead to viruses. So, what I am asking
            > > > for is to please be considerate and avoid posting for
            > > > ego's sake or to exploit or to be hurtful or harmful

          • dan330033
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2010

              > You have heard this many times before on other forums.
              > Recently I have received emails questioning me as to why
              > I allow it, and I have had to talk people out of dropping
              > out of the group over this issue.

              Karma:

              It follows one wherever one goes, because it is the return to oneself of what was put out.

              Out is in.

              There is no way out of it.

              Just to be it.

              Mindfully aware without avoidance.