And now back to me...

  • tarah513
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2010

      I deeply appreciate all that everyone has offered. Now I am just going to wander a bit and tell a story...a story about me. The "me" can be my "me" or your "me", but this is what I have received (the part which I am willing to share) from my meditation of, on & in life. I am going to take segments from what you have offered and in doing so hope that I do not totally confuse all.

      I underwent deep meditation after reading all the offerings, offerings given by each as a means of giving me guidance and pointings to follow (or not). I truly get the feeling (from my meditation) that all offerings shared were given with the most benevolent intentions. The warning received, however, was this...all through history people with the highest of spiritual intentions have in actuality caused the most disruptive and cruel behaviors beholden on mankind. Example - the Christian missionaries trying to convert the American Indian, the Catholic church trying to rule the world, the witch hunts, the Moslem fanatics...all think they are "right" while in fact don't know any more than anyone else. The guru's of India fall into this same classification...abusing those they control.

      I appreciate the belief in this "ONENESS" stuff...however I don't believe that...not at all. I don't want to be one with all, and through meditation have learned that the most I can do is be myself, understand myself and change myself.

      I am no more "one with all" than I am my father or mother. I am as separate from them as I am from each of you, and every other part of nature. I can be AFFECTED by others and nature, but I am not you, I am not the wind, I am not the birds, I am just me. No, the drop of water is no more the ocean than I am the Earth.

      Bob --- you really got to me when you offered this:

      What I suggest is that you actually sit in
      meditation and see what it does for you. I expect there
      is little likelihood that you will start wearing a cross
      or a yalmulka or start treating cows as gods. What I do
      think will happen is that you will gain great insight
      into who you are and what life is all about. And these
      realizations will form a Faithe religion you can have real
      faith in.

      You infer that I do not meditate. Think about what you wrote. Think about the perception that one has about YOU when you offer this to them. EVERYONE meditates...it is as natural as breathing. What is NOT natural are all the guidelines espoused to others to better perfect their meditation.

      I just finished reading a book - "House to House". It is written by an army infantryman and gives an actual account of what was incurred in the battle of Fallulah in Iraq. While this soldier was fighting for his life, bleeding & being choked by his enemy,  looking eye-to-eye with each other, he is meditating! He gives a deep glimpse into his psyche and what was going on with him as he finally is able to reach for his knife and begin the long & painful death moves against the Iraqi insurgent. He is talking to "god". He is talking to himself, wondering how he is ever going to be able to live with himself after this.

      I challenge all of you to read this book and then site all the glorious repartee of "ONENESS" and how everything is as it should be.

      I feel more and more isolated the older I get...and I do not mean this in a negative way. I LIKE IT.

      Everywhere I go religion of one type or another is thrown out as explanations for all that is. I am SO SICK of the BIBLE, the KORAN and all the other religion  writings in the world. It is written, most accept it, so it must be right! It is not right for me. I look at the universe and realize what peabrains we really are and take that into consideration when whether to accept or not accept these spiritual writings. They are all nothing more than a means to control the people AND a means for people to not take responsibility for their own lives & situations. Spouting off snips of writings (such as "thy will be done") just turns my guts.

      This "source" that all talk about. Let me tell you my thoughts on THE SOURCE. The source is as dysfunctional as my parents (and obviously as dysfunctional as me) given the current state of affairs. The source fucked up. I envision our "source" no more than another peabrain seaching for its source! It was given certain rules, earned power of some type, and thoroughly fucked up the planet Earth with human beings. It is now totally out of control (called global warming). Now if that isn't indication of the total mess we find ourselves in, then I don't know what is!

      We are born, we live, we die...and what grandiose schemes we have created to beat our chests with pride!

      I have shared a tiny-weeny bit with you. I have NOT shared the big stuff because in doing so, I know what happens...and I just don't want to go through that. I will tell you this, there is NOTHING that I cannot learn if I want to - through meditation.

      Faithe

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2010
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:
        large snip

        > Bob --- you really got to me when you offered this:
        >
        > What I suggest is that you actually sit in
        > meditation and see what it does for you. I expect there
        > is little likelihood that you will start wearing a cross
        > or a yalmulka or start treating cows as gods. What I do
        > think will happen is that you will gain great insight
        > into who you are and what life is all about. And these
        > realizations will form a Faithe religion you can have real
        > faith in.
        >

        > You infer that I do not meditate. Think about what you wrote. Think
        > about the perception that one has about YOU when you offer this to them.
        > EVERYONE meditates...it is as natural as breathing. What is NOT natural
        > are all the guidelines espoused to others to better perfect their
        > meditation.

        Yo Faithe,
        The sound of me typing causes certain musical sounds.
        My fingers hitting the keys are like playing an instrument.
        The result of these things doesn't really make me a musician,
        does it? And since everyone makes some noise or another, does
        that mean "EVERYONE" is playing music? If this analogy is
        to a tune you don't like, I can understand it. But letting
        your mind run wild and living totally in reaction to its
        fluctuations isn't meditative and is really what is "NOT
        natural". And I think there is no better thing that you can
        do for your Self and everyone than share those methods and
        concepts that have helped you evolve in consciousness. And
        those who do are offering something similar to what a music
        teacher is doing....making sweeter notes more often
        available and lessening the none harmonic tonalities of life.
      • Sandeep
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2010
          Dear Faithe,

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
          <faithearden@...> wrote:

          <snip>

          > I appreciate the belief in this "ONENESS" stuff...however I don't
          > believe that...not at all.

          -------

          Yes it is not a belief.

          Belief and it's counter part aka non-belief about a particular
          belief/all beliefs...

          ...are the same chattering of thought.

          -------

          I don't want to be one with all, and through
          > meditation have learned that the most I can do is be myself,
          understand
          > myself and change myself.
          >
          > I am no more "one with all" than I am my father or mother. I am as
          > separate from them as I am from each of you, and every other part of
          > nature. I can be AFFECTED by others and nature, but I am not you, I am
          > not the wind, I am not the birds, I am just me.

          ----------

          Cool.

          Now what is that "I" which was repeated so many times in that
          exposition?

          What or who is that "I" which is not blah blahr?

          And whatever thought arises as an answer.....

          ....the quest remains.....

          .....who is it that took delivery of that thought and believed that to
          be the answer.

          Very soon the quest deepens........as to who is it that is .....in this
          very quest as to what is this "I"?

          Viewing these pixels.....immediately thought may arise as "Oh that's a
          stupid useless infinite regress and I have better things to do at the
          farm".

          The quest remains..........who is it that took delivery of the thought "
          "Oh that's a stupid useless infinite regress blah blah.

          And the taste of that which is.

          Which is not an experience of a taste......... for thought ....

          (and taste is just the thought of the experience of an
          sensation)........

          ......thought can never partake this feast.

          ----------

          > No, the drop of water is no more the ocean than I am the Earth.

          --------

          Good.

          Now forget water, Ocean, mudslides and Earth.

          Who has taken delivery of this thought as that particular assertion.

          What is asserted or what is negated...........is hoopla of thought.

          It is of no import.

          Where is the delivery taking place?

          Where is the stake of ownership getting driven aground?

          Can the destination be any different to the source?

          Can there be anything as a separative locale as a destination?

          Can there be anything as a separative locale as a source?

          ---------

          > Bob --- you really got to me when you offered this:
          >
          > What I suggest is that you actually sit in
          > meditation and see what it does for you. I expect there
          > is little likelihood that you will start wearing a cross
          > or a yalmulka or start treating cows as gods. What I do
          > think will happen is that you will gain great insight
          > into who you are and what life is all about. And these
          > realizations will form a Faithe religion you can have real
          > faith in.
          >

          > You infer that I do not meditate. Think about what you wrote. Think
          > about the perception that one has about YOU when you offer this to
          them.
          > EVERYONE meditates...it is as natural as breathing. What is NOT
          natural
          > are all the guidelines espoused to others to better perfect their
          > meditation.
          >
          > I just finished reading a book - "House to House". It is written by an
          > army infantryman and gives an actual account of what was incurred in
          the
          > battle of Fallulah in Iraq. While this soldier was fighting for his
          > life, bleeding & being choked by his enemy, looking eye-to-eye with
          > each other, he is meditating! He gives a deep glimpse into his psyche
          > and what was going on with him as he finally is able to reach for his
          > knife and begin the long & painful death moves against the Iraqi
          > insurgent. He is talking to "god". He is talking to himself, wondering
          > how he is ever going to be able to live with himself after this.
          >
          > I challenge all of you to read this book and then site all the
          glorious
          > repartee of "ONENESS" and how everything is as it should be.

          ---------

          If anything has appeared as a phenomenal event...........it could not
          have been otherwise.

          Including the appearance of thought as a challenge for glorious
          repartee(s).

          And including this very repartee.

          ----------

          > I feel more and more isolated the older I get...and I do not mean this
          > in a negative way. I LIKE IT.

          ------

          A true liking of isolation......would it have a space.....for an arising
          need to assert it.

          Who is the other.......... in the gestalt of isolation...... to whom an
          assertion can be made to.

          In isolation.........can the recognition of isolation be cognized?

          It is only within the cognition of a crowd.......that the belief of
          being in isolation ....exists.

          ---------

          > Everywhere I go religion of one type or another is thrown out as
          > explanations for all that is. I am SO SICK of the BIBLE, the KORAN and
          > all the other religion writings in the world. It is written, most
          > accept it, so it must be right! It is not right for me. I look at the
          > universe and realize what peabrains we really are and take that into
          > consideration when whether to accept or not accept these spiritual
          > writings. They are all nothing more than a means to control the people
          > AND a means for people to not take responsibility for their own lives
          &
          > situations. Spouting off snips of writings (such as "thy will be
          done")
          > just turns my guts.

          ----------

          A good workout of the guts does wonders for constipation.

          -------

          > This "source" that all talk about. Let me tell you my thoughts on THE
          > SOURCE. The source is as dysfunctional as my parents (and obviously as
          > dysfunctional as me) given the current state of affairs.

          -------

          Which assumes that current state of affairs is dysfunctional.

          Rather than the definings as "Functional", "Dysfunctional" (they just
          keep changing with time)

          who is it that is taking delivery of the thought as the particular
          defining.

          ------

          The source fucked up.

          --------

          What is wrong is some good old fucking up?

          You advised above that you came to be around....

          ..... due to some of the same good old nookey.

          And without a fucked-up Faithe, how can the fuck-up be a TOTAL Fuck-up?

          :-)

          ------

          I envision our "source" no more than another peabrain
          > seaching for its source! It was given certain rules, earned power of
          > some type, and thoroughly fucked up the planet Earth with human
          beings.
          > It is now totally out of control (called global warming). Now if that
          > isn't indication of the total mess we find ourselves in, then I don't
          > know what is!

          ------

          Why do you assume that the continued state of existence as it appears to
          be...

          ..which includes a tiny microscopically iota of a mote of dust called
          this Universe.....

          ..... within which appears an infinitesimally small speck of a planet...

          ... in which dots further infinitesimally wisps .....popularly called
          humans with their issues

          whether it is their breeches getting warmed up or global warming....

          ....why do you assume that the continued state of existence as it
          appears to be,

          is a vaunted goal of any significance?

          Has the appearance actually appeared in the first place?

          ----------

          > We are born, we live, we die..

          -----------

          This is the nub.

          Is there birth?
          Is there living?
          Is there death?

          What is that apriori believed assumption .......which lends credence to
          the above beliefs?

          ----------

          >.and what grandiose schemes we have
          > created to beat our chests with pride!
          >
          > I have shared a tiny-weeny bit with you. I have NOT shared the big
          stuff
          > because in doing so, I know what happens...and I just don't want to go
          > through that.

          > I will tell you this, there is NOTHING that I cannot learn
          > if I want to - through meditation.

          -----------

          That which is learned or experienced..

          ...no matter how profound or profane the believed dimensions of the
          particular learning/experience....

          ...is not meditation.

          Laaaa Deee Dada Dada Deeee
        • mary kelly
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010

            Please remove this e-mail address

            -------

            ------

            ------

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
              No problem; the email status for this account has been changed to "No email". I would like everyone to know that they can easily change their own email status by going to their members info section. For some, a daily digest of all the posts for the day can be sent, as well as other other choices such as no Email notification of posts at all. When the volume of posts gets too heavy, it's great that Yahoo has given us other options than just receiving all of the posts. Please adjust your settings for this and every group you belong to so that you just get what you really want. No point in having your peace taken away from belonging to a site dedicated to helping to increase your peace!