Earth Shattering News From Deepak

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2010
      Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake
      (April 5) -- The U.S. Geological Survey is blaming day-to-day
      seismological changes for Sunday's 7.2 earthquake along the
      U.S.-Mexico border. But Deepak Chopra, the famed alternative-medicine
      practitioner and transcendental meditation guru, is pretty sure he
      knows what really happened.

      "Had a powerful meditation just now -- caused an earthquake
      in Southern California," Chopra wrote to his nearly
      179,000 Twitter followers shortly after the quake.

      And then, to clarify: "Was meditating on Shiva mantra & earth
      began to shake," he tweeted. "Sorry about that."
      Chopra might want to apologize directly to those in California,
      who haven't suffered significant infrastructure damage but
      are still bracing for more temblors, and to those in Mexico, where
      two are dead, hundreds are injured and thousands are still without power.

      Transcendental meditation (TM) was largely popularized by
      Chopra, who's been dubbed "McMeditation" for the
      multimillion-dollar profits he's earned off books, DVDs and
      his Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad, Calif. -- where a
      six-day mind-body wellness program runs around $2,500.

      According to Chopra, at the crux of the meditation practice is
      "the field of possibilities, creativity, correlation ... where intention
      actualizes its own fulfillment."

      Let's hope he's wrong about that, or the guru might have some
      explaining to do about what exactly his meditation session Sunday
      was hoping to actualize.

      An hour after Chopra's Twitter confession, he vowed to one Twitter user, @WhiteMoon7, "Won't do it again -- promise."

      But even the guru himself must not know his own strength. Since
      the promise, dozens of aftershocks have rattled the U.S.-Mexico border.

      All the while, Chopra's staying safely above the reach of the
      ongoing quakes. According to his Twitter feed, the guru boarded
      a plane from California to Denver earlier this morning.
      This is from AOLnew.com and is not being used for any commercial purposes,
      And thus falls under the Fair Use statutes.
    • Papajeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2010
        Well, that's it. No more
        meditating or chanting
        or praying or singing or
        saying grace or energy work
        or lustful thoghts...for me.

        OM (Oops, no om's either)

        > Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake
        > (April 5) -- The U.S. Geological Survey is blaming day-to-day
        > seismological changes for Sunday's 7.2 earthquake along the
        > U.S.-Mexico border. But Deepak Chopra, the famed alternative-medicine
        > practitioner and transcendental meditation guru, is pretty sure he
        > knows what really happened.
        >
        > "Had a powerful meditation just now -- caused an earthquake
        > in Southern California," Chopra wrote to his nearly
        > 179,000 Twitter followers shortly after the quake.
        >
        > And then, to clarify: "Was meditating on Shiva mantra & earth
        > began to shake," he tweeted. "Sorry about that."
        > Chopra might want to apologize directly to those in California,
        > who haven't suffered significant infrastructure damage but
        > are still bracing for more temblors, and to those in Mexico, where
        > two are dead, hundreds are injured and thousands are still without power.
        >
        > Transcendental meditation (TM) was largely popularized by
        > Chopra, who's been dubbed "McMeditation" for the
        > multimillion-dollar profits he's earned off books, DVDs and
        > his Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad, Calif. -- where a
        > six-day mind-body wellness program runs around $2,500.
        >
        > According to Chopra, at the crux of the meditation practice is
        > "the field of possibilities, creativity, correlation ... where intention
        > actualizes its own fulfillment."
        >
        > Let's hope he's wrong about that, or the guru might have some
        > explaining to do about what exactly his meditation session Sunday
        > was hoping to actualize.
        >
        > An hour after Chopra's Twitter confession, he vowed to one Twitter user, @WhiteMoon7, "Won't do it again -- promise."
        >
        > But even the guru himself must not know his own strength. Since
        > the promise, dozens of aftershocks have rattled the U.S.-Mexico border.
        >
        > All the while, Chopra's staying safely above the reach of the
        > ongoing quakes. According to his Twitter feed, the guru boarded
        > a plane from California to Denver earlier this morning.
        > This is from AOLnew.com and is not being used for any commercial purposes,
        > And thus falls under the Fair Use statutes.

      • Aideen Mckenna
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2010

          Surely Deepak Chopra was making a joke?  Or does he do that? – I haven’t paid enough attention to him in recent years to know whether he may have been speaking facetiously.  I would hope so.

          > Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake
          > (April 5) -- The U.S. Geological Survey is blaming day-to-day
          > seismological changes for Sunday's 7.2 earthquake along the
          > U.S.-Mexico border. But Deepak Chopra, the famed alternative- medicine
          > practitioner and transcendental meditation guru, is pretty sure he
          > knows what really happened.
          >
          > "Had a powerful meditation just now -- caused an earthquake
          > in Southern California ," Chopra
          wrote to his nearly
          > 179,000 Twitter followers shortly after the quake.
          >
          > And then, to clarify: "Was meditating on Shiva mantra & earth
          > began to shake," he tweeted. "Sorry about that."
          > Chopra might want to apologize directly to those in California ,
          > who haven't suffered significant infrastructure damage but
          > are still bracing for more temblors, and to those in
          w:st="on"> Mexico , where
          > two are dead, hundreds are injured and thousands are still without power.
          >
          > Transcendental meditation (TM) was largely popularized by
          > Chopra, who's been dubbed "McMeditation" for the
          > multimillion- dollar profits he's earned off books, DVDs and
          > his Chopra Center
          for Wellbeing in Carlsbad , Calif. -- where a
          > six-day mind-body wellness program runs around $2,500.
          >
          > According to Chopra, at the crux of the meditation practice is
          > "the field of possibilities, creativity, correlation ... where
          intention
          > actualizes its own fulfillment. "
          >
          > Let's hope he's wrong about that, or the guru might have some
          > explaining to do about what exactly his meditation session Sunday
          > was hoping to actualize.
          >
          > An hour after Chopra's Twitter confession, he vowed to one Twitter user,
          @WhiteMoon7, "Won't do it again -- promise."

          > But even the guru himself must not know his own strength. Since
          > the promise, dozens of aftershocks have rattled the U.S.-Mexico border.
          >
          > All the while, Chopra's staying safely above the reach of the
          > ongoing quakes. According to his Twitter feed, the guru boarded
          > a plane from California to
          w:st="on"> Denver earlier this morning.