Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

  • cosmic_yogi1
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
      Inquiring Faithe,

      I greet you with love and understanding.

      The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
      the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?

      Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
      being so literal".

      This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.

      Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
      speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'

      Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
      metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
      Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.

      Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
      inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
      greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.

      As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
      where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
      from meditation, i believe, misses the point.

      In profound peace,

      ONE

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
      <faithearden@...> wrote:

      > Dear Cosmic.
      >
      > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
      that
      > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
      >
      > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
      > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
      >
      > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
      idea
      > is removed, what then can be realized?
      >
      > Faithe
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
      > hanifshekhem@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Yo Faithe,
      > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
      > the ALL.
      > >
      > > ONE
      > >

      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
      > faithearden@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hi Cosmic.
      > > >
      > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended
      and
      > it
      > > > is just a label?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks in advance.
      > > >
      > > > Faithe
      > > >
      > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

      > medit8ionsociety

      > > > medit8ionsociety

      Let
      > me
      > > > tell
      > > > growing!
      > herbicides,

      > buy
      > > > some

      > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
        Dear Yogiji --

        There are no ideas per se in
        meditation. The meditative
        state is the perceptual tabula
        rasa upon which all that comes
        and goes or arises and dies is
        written, only to be erased and
        supplanted by still more
        aspects of the world of forms.

        By holding on to the the idea
        of Oneness, one is certainly
        filling the perceptual cup
        with yet another preconception
        -- remember, the Tao that can
        be spoken of (that is,
        expressed as an idea) is not
        the true Tao.

        Hiya, Faithe!

        Much love -- Bruce

        On 4/6/2010 6:16 PM, cosmic_yogi1 wrote:
        > Inquiring Faithe,
        >
        > I greet you with love and understanding.
        >
        > The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
        > the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?
        >
        > Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
        > being so literal".
        >
        > This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.
        >
        > Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
        > speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'
        >
        > Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
        > metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
        > Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.
        >
        > Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
        > inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
        > greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.
        >
        > As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
        > where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
        > from meditation, i believe, misses the point.
        >
        > In profound peace,
        >
        > ONE
        >

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
        > <faithearden@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Dear Cosmic.
        >>
        >> Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
        >>
        > that
        >
        >> shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
        >>
        >> My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
        >> "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
        >>
        >> Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
        >>
        > idea
        >
        >> is removed, what then can be realized?
        >>
        >> Faithe
        >>

        >> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
        >> hanifshekhem@ wrote:
        >>
        >>> Yo Faithe,
        >>> 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
        >>>
        >> the ALL.
        >>
        >>> ONE
        >>>

        >>> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"

        > and
        >
        >> it

        >> medit8ionsociety

        > Let
        >
        >> me

        > the

        >> herbicides,

        > grow

        >> buy

      • cosmic_yogi1
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
          Yo Bruce,

          i stand corrected---All perceptions are illusion.

          Thank you for sharing

          much metta,

        • hanif sashekhem
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
            Peace and Love Bruce,

            i apprecilove your wisdom in respect towards Oneness, however i must ask you---is your understanding of the meditative state that you describe also an idea?
            It seems that We all suffer from the illusions of our perceptions:)

            ONE

          • Papajeff
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 7, 2010
              Faithe,

              Beyond "connectedness" is the
              realization put so beautifully
              by Ramana Maharshi:

              "The very form of God if Love."

              So it's One, in the matrix of Love.

              If the realization or understanding
              includes merely the connectness
              or sense of Oneness...but not
              the God (Love)-Realization, the
              realization is not on the
              level of the jnani yogi - there
              is no Knowing.

              Those who mistake the Oneness
              for fully awakened tend to
              be the one's who parrot the
              half-baked teachings about,
              "nothing to realize, everyone's
              already enlightened, just get
              on with your life"...pablum.

              One Love,

              Jeff

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

              > Dear Cosmic.
              >
              > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along that
              > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
              >
              > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
              > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
              >
              > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness idea
              > is removed, what then can be realized?
              >
              > Faithe
              >

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
              > <hanifshekhem@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yo Faithe,
              > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
              > the ALL.
              > >
              > > ONE
              > >

              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
              > faithearden@ wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Hi Cosmic.
              > > >
              > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended and
              > it
              > > > is just a label?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks in advance.
              > > >
              > > > Faithe
              > > >
              > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

              > medit8ionsociety

              > > > medit8ionsociety

              > me
              > > > tell
              > > > growing!
              > herbicides,

              > buy
              > > > some

              > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

            • cosmic_yogi1
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 7, 2010

                Faithe,

                As the drop of water is to the ocean-that is what Oneness is.  The essence of the drop is every bit the essence of the totality.

                All that we hold dear to our hearts, the things our soul yearns for-we do not have to give it up through the act of awakening!  Of course not, we recieve it by awakening!  This is the whole point.  Waking from this dream does not mean everything disappears.  It means everthing appears as it really is.  Life then is seen as a unified Whole, as Oneness.  Oneness knows only ONE.  In Oneness the puzzle has been made whole.  In Oneness there is no more good or bad, desirable or undesirable.  It is absolute fulfilment, completion, bliss, whatever we may call it.  It is a state of being beyond hope, for all hope is fulfilled.  We can not even faintly begin to describe the indescribable.  It can only be experienced.

                ONE