Re: Faithe's Comment on Farming and Meditation

  • Papajeff
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 6 2:41 PM
      Faithe,

      Nice analogy. I started to
      perspire just reading it.

      I grew up on a farm and
      remember the weeding in the
      heat of summer and harvesting
      by hand as a lot of work. I
      also remember how delicious
      the fresh fruits and veggies
      tasted - just from the garden.

      Still, the seed, once planted,
      does grow effortlessly. Clearing
      the way and keeping it clear
      in order for the crop to reach
      its fullest potential (of
      enlightenment) is the work on
      our part, as you've so nicely
      stated.

      Meditating is much easier than
      weeding.

      Thanks.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, WestWindWood <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

      > Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather,
      > and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the
      > cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

    • cosmic_yogi1
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 6 3:16 PM
        Inquiring Faithe,

        I greet you with love and understanding.

        The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
        the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?

        Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
        being so literal".

        This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.

        Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
        speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'

        Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
        metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
        Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.

        Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
        inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
        greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.

        As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
        where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
        from meditation, i believe, misses the point.

        In profound peace,

        ONE

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
        <faithearden@...> wrote:

        > Dear Cosmic.
        >
        > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
        that
        > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
        >
        > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
        > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
        >
        > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
        idea
        > is removed, what then can be realized?
        >
        > Faithe
        >

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
        > hanifshekhem@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Yo Faithe,
        > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
        > the ALL.
        > >
        > > ONE
        > >

        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
        > faithearden@ wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Hi Cosmic.
        > > >
        > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended
        and
        > it
        > > > is just a label?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks in advance.
        > > >
        > > > Faithe
        > > >
        > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

        > medit8ionsociety

        > > > medit8ionsociety

        Let
        > me
        > > > tell
        > > > growing!
        > herbicides,

        > buy
        > > > some

        > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

      • Bruce Morgen
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 6 4:52 PM
          Dear Yogiji --

          There are no ideas per se in
          meditation. The meditative
          state is the perceptual tabula
          rasa upon which all that comes
          and goes or arises and dies is
          written, only to be erased and
          supplanted by still more
          aspects of the world of forms.

          By holding on to the the idea
          of Oneness, one is certainly
          filling the perceptual cup
          with yet another preconception
          -- remember, the Tao that can
          be spoken of (that is,
          expressed as an idea) is not
          the true Tao.

          Hiya, Faithe!

          Much love -- Bruce

          On 4/6/2010 6:16 PM, cosmic_yogi1 wrote:
          > Inquiring Faithe,
          >
          > I greet you with love and understanding.
          >
          > The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
          > the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?
          >
          > Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
          > being so literal".
          >
          > This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.
          >
          > Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
          > speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'
          >
          > Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
          > metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
          > Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.
          >
          > Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
          > inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
          > greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.
          >
          > As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
          > where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
          > from meditation, i believe, misses the point.
          >
          > In profound peace,
          >
          > ONE
          >

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
          > <faithearden@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Dear Cosmic.
          >>
          >> Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
          >>
          > that
          >
          >> shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
          >>
          >> My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
          >> "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
          >>
          >> Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
          >>
          > idea
          >
          >> is removed, what then can be realized?
          >>
          >> Faithe
          >>

          >> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
          >> hanifshekhem@ wrote:
          >>
          >>> Yo Faithe,
          >>> 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
          >>>
          >> the ALL.
          >>
          >>> ONE
          >>>

          >>> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"

          > and
          >
          >> it

          >> medit8ionsociety

          > Let
          >
          >> me

          > the

          >> herbicides,

          > grow

          >> buy

        • cosmic_yogi1
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 6 7:59 PM
            Yo Bruce,

            i stand corrected---All perceptions are illusion.

            Thank you for sharing

            much metta,

          • hanif sashekhem
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 6 8:23 PM
              Peace and Love Bruce,

              i apprecilove your wisdom in respect towards Oneness, however i must ask you---is your understanding of the meditative state that you describe also an idea?
              It seems that We all suffer from the illusions of our perceptions:)

              ONE

            • Papajeff
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 7 3:11 AM
                Faithe,

                Beyond "connectedness" is the
                realization put so beautifully
                by Ramana Maharshi:

                "The very form of God if Love."

                So it's One, in the matrix of Love.

                If the realization or understanding
                includes merely the connectness
                or sense of Oneness...but not
                the God (Love)-Realization, the
                realization is not on the
                level of the jnani yogi - there
                is no Knowing.

                Those who mistake the Oneness
                for fully awakened tend to
                be the one's who parrot the
                half-baked teachings about,
                "nothing to realize, everyone's
                already enlightened, just get
                on with your life"...pablum.

                One Love,

                Jeff

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

                > Dear Cosmic.
                >
                > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along that
                > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                >
                > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                >
                > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness idea
                > is removed, what then can be realized?
                >
                > Faithe
                >

                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                > <hanifshekhem@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yo Faithe,
                > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                > the ALL.
                > >
                > > ONE
                > >

                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                > faithearden@ wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Hi Cosmic.
                > > >
                > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended and
                > it
                > > > is just a label?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks in advance.
                > > >
                > > > Faithe
                > > >
                > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

                > medit8ionsociety

                > > > medit8ionsociety

                > me
                > > > tell
                > > > growing!
                > herbicides,

                > buy
                > > > some

                > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

              • cosmic_yogi1
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 7 8:23 AM

                  Faithe,

                  As the drop of water is to the ocean-that is what Oneness is.  The essence of the drop is every bit the essence of the totality.

                  All that we hold dear to our hearts, the things our soul yearns for-we do not have to give it up through the act of awakening!  Of course not, we recieve it by awakening!  This is the whole point.  Waking from this dream does not mean everything disappears.  It means everthing appears as it really is.  Life then is seen as a unified Whole, as Oneness.  Oneness knows only ONE.  In Oneness the puzzle has been made whole.  In Oneness there is no more good or bad, desirable or undesirable.  It is absolute fulfilment, completion, bliss, whatever we may call it.  It is a state of being beyond hope, for all hope is fulfilled.  We can not even faintly begin to describe the indescribable.  It can only be experienced.

                  ONE