Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010

      --- On Tue, 4/6/10, tarah513 <faithearden@...> wrote:

      From: tarah513 <faithearden@...>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 3:45 AM

      Dear Bob.

      OK, I see where you are coming from. I am not a Christian. I do not
      follow the precepts of the Bible or of any organized religion. It has
      been a quite freeing experience and definitely has given me a different
      perspective on life.

      "Thy will be done on earth" has a totally different connotation for me.

      Is it important? To me, it is very important and I constantly make an
      effort to not partake in the religions - west or east. I perceive
      religion as no different from politics = people scrambling for king of
      top of the heap.

      Can meditation be kept separate from religion?

      Thanks.

      Faithe

      -------------

      Religion is never east or west.

      The word religion means re-connect.

      Re-connecting .......by ......and .......of .......that which never disconnected.

      Incidentally, "what is..... is thy will".....

      .....is the common bedrock of all flavours, eastern or western.

      Including the flavour called science, which cannot isolate any separative state from the entirety...... in order to further  postulate an independent casual agent for any effect.

      Just 2 weeks back neuro-scientists and behaviourial experts have collaborated and identified a "moral compass" region of the human brain which produces the thought seen as moral judgments.

      And established that this moral compass can be significantly affected by subjecting it to differing magnetic fields.

      So much for ........."it is me which thinks, ergo it is me which exists as a separative individuated self-entity(aka Descartes) and thus it is me which decides on my value system and thus the nature of my life ..........all out of my independent volition."

      Now as a response to the above.......thought may get risen in the form ...

      ..."to hell with re-connecting, all this re-connecting has only produced violence and intolerance whether at individual level or family or societal or national.

      And what is being spouted as above is more of the same cockamamie re-connecting."

      Such an risen thought  is perfectly fine.

      And is as much a nuance of thy will.:-)

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
        THY is first cause, the will that begets manifestation, it could be seen as intentione human being unlike a dog or cat can look at a hill top and imagine a house, he can then imagine
        blue shutters and white siding, he can create in his mind every possible detail, this is THY Will, and then the human can gather the necessary materials and actually manifest this house, he can make it a reality from thought form to physical(some of you please avoid the urge to get all nitnoid about which form is really real, it's cliche and annoying) As I was saying the thought becomes manifest this is how in my opinion we are Made In Gods Image, it is the ability to call forth what is manifest what is potential and make it manifest, THY is god Gods will be done, THY Kingdom come-which means to actually realize and perceive the world as it really is, the problem with being made in gods image is that we can impose our will on what is already made manifest, this imposition of values and judgments causes confusion and pain and all kinds of problems/falsehood.  If you have a problem with the word God as some people do then think of God as first cause, because as far as we know everything came from something
        In the beginning was the word
        OM

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
          P.S. Bob
          I liked the Mullah Nesruddin story, I could have used that line in Afghanistan!

> [...]

          > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
          > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
          > > will be ready."
          > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
          > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
          > >
          > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
          > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
          > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
          > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
          > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
          > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
          > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
          > > conviction is not enough."
          > >
          > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
          > > statement:
          > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
          > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
          > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being

        • WestWindWood
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010

            Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather, and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
              Like it

              Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather, and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

              > By Grace alone effort is effortless. The farmer
              > makes an effort while planting his crop. By Grace,
              > the crop grows effortlessly. The farmer then reaps
              > the harvest and distributes it, and many are nurtured.

              HA-HA-HA!!!

              I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me tell
              you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the growing!
              Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
              insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
              "effortlessly" .

              Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy some
              if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.

              Faithe

            • Papajeff
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                Faithe,

                Nice analogy. I started to
                perspire just reading it.

                I grew up on a farm and
                remember the weeding in the
                heat of summer and harvesting
                by hand as a lot of work. I
                also remember how delicious
                the fresh fruits and veggies
                tasted - just from the garden.

                Still, the seed, once planted,
                does grow effortlessly. Clearing
                the way and keeping it clear
                in order for the crop to reach
                its fullest potential (of
                enlightenment) is the work on
                our part, as you've so nicely
                stated.

                Meditating is much easier than
                weeding.

                Thanks.

                Jeff

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, WestWindWood <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                > Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather,
                > and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the
                > cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

              • cosmic_yogi1
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                  Inquiring Faithe,

                  I greet you with love and understanding.

                  The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
                  the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?

                  Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
                  being so literal".

                  This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.

                  Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
                  speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'

                  Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
                  metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
                  Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.

                  Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
                  inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
                  greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.

                  As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
                  where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
                  from meditation, i believe, misses the point.

                  In profound peace,

                  ONE

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                  <faithearden@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Cosmic.
                  >
                  > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
                  that
                  > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                  >
                  > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                  > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                  >
                  > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
                  idea
                  > is removed, what then can be realized?
                  >
                  > Faithe
                  >

                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                  > hanifshekhem@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yo Faithe,
                  > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                  > the ALL.
                  > >
                  > > ONE
                  > >

                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                  > faithearden@ wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Hi Cosmic.
                  > > >
                  > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended
                  and
                  > it
                  > > > is just a label?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks in advance.
                  > > >
                  > > > Faithe
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

                  > medit8ionsociety

                  > > > medit8ionsociety

                  Let
                  > me
                  > > > tell
                  > > > growing!
                  > herbicides,

                  > buy
                  > > > some

                  > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

                • Bruce Morgen
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                    Dear Yogiji --

                    There are no ideas per se in
                    meditation. The meditative
                    state is the perceptual tabula
                    rasa upon which all that comes
                    and goes or arises and dies is
                    written, only to be erased and
                    supplanted by still more
                    aspects of the world of forms.

                    By holding on to the the idea
                    of Oneness, one is certainly
                    filling the perceptual cup
                    with yet another preconception
                    -- remember, the Tao that can
                    be spoken of (that is,
                    expressed as an idea) is not
                    the true Tao.

                    Hiya, Faithe!

                    Much love -- Bruce

                    On 4/6/2010 6:16 PM, cosmic_yogi1 wrote:
                    > Inquiring Faithe,
                    >
                    > I greet you with love and understanding.
                    >
                    > The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
                    > the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?
                    >
                    > Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
                    > being so literal".
                    >
                    > This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.
                    >
                    > Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
                    > speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'
                    >
                    > Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
                    > metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
                    > Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.
                    >
                    > Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
                    > inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
                    > greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.
                    >
                    > As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
                    > where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
                    > from meditation, i believe, misses the point.
                    >
                    > In profound peace,
                    >
                    > ONE
                    >

                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                    > <faithearden@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >> Dear Cosmic.
                    >>
                    >> Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
                    >>
                    > that
                    >
                    >> shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                    >>
                    >> My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                    >> "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                    >>
                    >> Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
                    >>
                    > idea
                    >
                    >> is removed, what then can be realized?
                    >>
                    >> Faithe
                    >>

                    >> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                    >> hanifshekhem@ wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> Yo Faithe,
                    >>> 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                    >>>
                    >> the ALL.
                    >>
                    >>> ONE
                    >>>

                    >>> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"

                    > and
                    >
                    >> it

                    >> medit8ionsociety

                    > Let
                    >
                    >> me

                    > the

                    >> herbicides,

                    > grow

                    >> buy

                  • cosmic_yogi1
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                      Yo Bruce,

                      i stand corrected---All perceptions are illusion.

                      Thank you for sharing

                      much metta,

                    • hanif sashekhem
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                        Peace and Love Bruce,

                        i apprecilove your wisdom in respect towards Oneness, however i must ask you---is your understanding of the meditative state that you describe also an idea?
                        It seems that We all suffer from the illusions of our perceptions:)

                        ONE

                      • Papajeff
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 7, 2010
                          Faithe,

                          Beyond "connectedness" is the
                          realization put so beautifully
                          by Ramana Maharshi:

                          "The very form of God if Love."

                          So it's One, in the matrix of Love.

                          If the realization or understanding
                          includes merely the connectness
                          or sense of Oneness...but not
                          the God (Love)-Realization, the
                          realization is not on the
                          level of the jnani yogi - there
                          is no Knowing.

                          Those who mistake the Oneness
                          for fully awakened tend to
                          be the one's who parrot the
                          half-baked teachings about,
                          "nothing to realize, everyone's
                          already enlightened, just get
                          on with your life"...pablum.

                          One Love,

                          Jeff

                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

                          > Dear Cosmic.
                          >
                          > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along that
                          > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                          >
                          > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                          > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                          >
                          > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness idea
                          > is removed, what then can be realized?
                          >
                          > Faithe
                          >

                          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                          > <hanifshekhem@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Yo Faithe,
                          > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                          > the ALL.
                          > >
                          > > ONE
                          > >

                          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                          > faithearden@ wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > Hi Cosmic.
                          > > >
                          > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended and
                          > it
                          > > > is just a label?
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks in advance.
                          > > >
                          > > > Faithe
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

                          > medit8ionsociety

                          > > > medit8ionsociety

                          > me
                          > > > tell
                          > > > growing!
                          > herbicides,

                          > buy
                          > > > some

                          > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

                        • cosmic_yogi1
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 7, 2010

                            Faithe,

                            As the drop of water is to the ocean-that is what Oneness is.  The essence of the drop is every bit the essence of the totality.

                            All that we hold dear to our hearts, the things our soul yearns for-we do not have to give it up through the act of awakening!  Of course not, we recieve it by awakening!  This is the whole point.  Waking from this dream does not mean everything disappears.  It means everthing appears as it really is.  Life then is seen as a unified Whole, as Oneness.  Oneness knows only ONE.  In Oneness the puzzle has been made whole.  In Oneness there is no more good or bad, desirable or undesirable.  It is absolute fulfilment, completion, bliss, whatever we may call it.  It is a state of being beyond hope, for all hope is fulfilled.  We can not even faintly begin to describe the indescribable.  It can only be experienced.

                            ONE