Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

  • cosmic_yogi1
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 4, 2010
      Beloved,

      Beautifully stated!

      ONE

      > "tarah513" <faithearden@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > By Grace alone effort is effortless. The farmer
      > > > makes an effort while planting his crop. By Grace,
      > > > the crop grows effortlessly. The farmer then reaps
      > > > the harvest and distributes it, and many are nurtured.
      > > >
      > > HA-HA-HA!!!
      > >
      > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me tell
      > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the growing!
      > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
      > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
      > > "effortlessly".
      > >
      > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy some
      > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
      > >
      > > Faithe
      > >
      > Yo Faithe,
      > You missed the point by being so literal, but
      > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
      > of this Nasrudin story:
      > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
      > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
      > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
      > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
      > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
      > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor: "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God
      > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
      > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
      > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
      > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
      > will be ready."
      > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
      > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
      >
      > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
      > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
      > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
      > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
      > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
      > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
      > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
      > conviction is not enough."
      >
      > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
      > statement:
      > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
      > And that refers to all and everything, especially
      > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
      > a product of Grace.
      >
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

    • tarah513
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
        Dear Bob.

        Thanks for your reply.

        I have a penchant for reading and comprehending as the words are
        spoken/written. I take the meaning head-on. That is just the way I am.
        Having been a business leader, I was entrusted to communicate clearly,
        concisely and with no "double meaning". Perhaps we would have less
        problems with meditation, spiritual & religious speakings if it was
        either spoken in the same manner, or, if silence just prevaled on the
        topic if words could not do it justice.

        Reference "Thy will be done"...I am VERY serious when I ask this
        question...exactly who is this "thy"? I could never figure it out.

        Faithe

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
        > > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > By Grace alone effort is effortless. The farmer
        > > > makes an effort while planting his crop. By Grace,
        > > > the crop grows effortlessly. The farmer then reaps
        > > > the harvest and distributes it, and many are nurtured.
        > > >
        > > HA-HA-HA!!!
        > >
        > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me
        tell
        > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the
        growing!
        > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
        > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
        > > "effortlessly".
        > >
        > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy
        some
        > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
        > >
        > > Faithe
        > >
        > Yo Faithe,
        > You missed the point by being so literal, but
        > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
        > of this Nasrudin story:
        > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
        > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
        > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
        > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
        > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
        > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor: "Unfortunately,
        there's been a delay. But - God
        > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
        > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
        > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
        > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
        > will be ready."
        > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
        > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
        >
        > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
        > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
        > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
        > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
        > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
        > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
        > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
        > conviction is not enough."
        >
        > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
        > statement:
        > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
        > And that refers to all and everything, especially
        > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
        > a product of Grace.
        >
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

      • tarah513
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
          Hi Cosmic.

          What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended and it
          is just a label?

          Thanks in advance.

          Faithe

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
          <hanifshekhem@...> wrote:

          > Beloved,
          >
          > Beautifully stated!
          >
          > ONE
          no_reply@ wrote:

          > > "tarah513" <faithearden@> wrote:

          medit8ionsociety

          > > > HA-HA-HA!!!
          > > >
          > > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me
          tell
          > > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the
          growing!
          > > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
          > > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
          > > > "effortlessly".
          > > >
          > > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy
          some
          > > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
          > > >
          > > > Faithe
          > > >
          > > Yo Faithe,
          > > You missed the point by being so literal, but
          > > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
          > > of this Nasrudin story:
          > > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
          > > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
          > > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
          > > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
          > > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
          > > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor:
          "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God
          > > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
          > > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
          > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
          > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
          > > will be ready."
          > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
          > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
          > >
          > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
          > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
          > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
          > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
          > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
          > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
          > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
          > > conviction is not enough."
          > >
          > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
          > > statement:
          > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
          > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
          > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
          > > a product of Grace.
          > >
          > > Peace and blessings,
          > > Bob

        • cosmic_yogi1
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
            Yo Faithe,
            'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to the ALL.

            ONE

            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
              "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

              > Dear Bob.
              >
              > Thanks for your reply.
              >
              > I have a penchant for reading and comprehending as the words are
              > spoken/written. I take the meaning head-on. That is just the way I am.
              > Having been a business leader, I was entrusted to communicate clearly,
              > concisely and with no "double meaning". Perhaps we would have less
              > problems with meditation, spiritual & religious speakings if it was
              > either spoken in the same manner, or, if silence just prevaled on the
              > topic if words could not do it justice.
              >
              > Reference "Thy will be done"...I am VERY serious when I ask this
              > question...exactly who is this "thy"? I could never figure it out.
              >
              > Faithe

              Yo Faithe,
              "Thy will be done" is from the bible (Matthew 6:9-13)
              "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
              and for me, this goes perfectly with life experience.
              The Big "THY in the sky/heart"/"God" is what is
              being referred to here. An example of what that
              is about is the reality that you can't be sure you won't
              fall on your face when you get up from reading this,
              can you? This is where the idea that everything
              is just God's will being acted out comes in to play.
              And this can segue into interesting inner enqueries
              that are effective meditative exercises. For example,
              do we really have free will, or is everything just
              destiny? Are we capable of "doing" or do things just
              happen? What about Karma? Reincarnation? Good
              intentions? And so on and so on. Another ? I especially
              like is the admonition to obey the 1st commandment, which
              says to put no other god before God. Wouldn't that
              mean that if we are thinking about anything but God
              we are putting that thing/idea/feeling ahead of GOD?
              And if we obey all of the other 612 commandments
              (Thou shalt's/Thou shalt not's) in the old testement,
              but not the 1st, would we still be considered a sinner?
              Anyway, these are all parts of common religion
              based questions that so many of us look only outside our
              Self to answer, while Meditation points to us to look
              inside for all the spiritual answers we need. And if
              we do, maybe that's because it was "Thy's" will to do so!

              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety

              > > > HA-HA-HA!!!
              > > >
              > > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me
              > tell
              > > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the
              > growing!
              > > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
              > > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
              > > > "effortlessly".
              > > >
              > > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy
              > some
              > > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
              > > >
              > > > Faithe
              > > >
              > > Yo Faithe,
              > > You missed the point by being so literal, but
              > > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
              > > of this Nasrudin story:
              > > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
              > > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
              > > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
              > > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
              > > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
              > > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor: "Unfortunately,
              > there's been a delay. But - God
              > > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
              > > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
              > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
              > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
              > > will be ready."
              > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
              > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
              > >
              > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
              > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
              > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
              > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
              > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
              > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
              > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
              > > conviction is not enough."
              > >
              > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
              > > statement:
              > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
              > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
              > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
              > > a product of Grace.
              > >
              > > Peace and blessings,
              > > Bob

            • tarah513
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
                Dear Bob.

                OK, I see where you are coming from. I am not a Christian. I do not
                follow the precepts of the Bible or of any organized religion. It has
                been a quite freeing experience and definitely has given me a different
                perspective on life.

                "Thy will be done on earth" has a totally different connotation for me.

                Is it important? To me, it is very important and I constantly make an
                effort to not partake in the religions - west or east. I perceive
                religion as no different from politics = people scrambling for king of
                top of the heap.

                Can meditation be kept separate from religion?

                Thanks.

                Faithe

                <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
                > > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
                > > > will be ready."
                > > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
                > > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
                > > >
                > > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
                > > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
                > > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
                > > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
                > > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
                > > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
                > > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
                > > > conviction is not enough."
                > > >
                > > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
                > > > statement:
                > > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
                > > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
                > > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being

              • tarah513
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
                  Dear Cosmic.

                  Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along that
                  shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?

                  My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                  "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".

                  Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness idea
                  is removed, what then can be realized?

                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010
                    "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Bob.
                    >
                    > OK, I see where you are coming from. I am not a Christian. I do not
                    > follow the precepts of the Bible or of any organized religion. It has
                    > been a quite freeing experience and definitely has given me a different
                    > perspective on life.
                    >
                    > "Thy will be done on earth" has a totally different connotation for me.
                    >
                    > Is it important? To me, it is very important and I constantly make an
                    > effort to not partake in the religions - west or east. I perceive
                    > religion as no different from politics = people scrambling for king of
                    > top of the heap.
                    >
                    > Can meditation be kept separate from religion?
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > Faithe

                    Yo Faithe,
                    The root word of religion is the same as Realization,
                    and that's what Meditation is all about. I think if you
                    search our web site http://www.meditationsociety.com
                    you'll see that there is no religion pointed to, but
                    that all of the techniques and concepts there are
                    applicable to every religion. There is no need to fear
                    that meditation is somehow always attached to religion.
                    As a matter of fact, some fundamentalist sects look on
                    meditation as some sort of witchcraft or devil inspired
                    thing. What I suggest is that you actually sit in
                    meditation and see what it does for you. I expect there
                    is little likelihood that you will start wearing a cross
                    or a yalmulka or start treating cows as gods. What I do
                    think will happen is that you will gain great insight
                    into who you are and what life is all about. And these
                    realizations will form a Faithe religion you can have real
                    faith in.

                    > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Dear Bob.
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks for your reply.
                    > > >
                    > > > I have a penchant for reading and comprehending as the words are
                    > > > spoken/written. I take the meaning head-on. That is just the way I
                    > am.
                    > > > Having been a business leader, I was entrusted to communicate
                    > clearly,
                    > > > concisely and with no "double meaning". Perhaps we would have less
                    > > > problems with meditation, spiritual & religious speakings if it was
                    > > > either spoken in the same manner, or, if silence just prevaled on
                    > the
                    > > > topic if words could not do it justice.
                    > > >
                    > > > Reference "Thy will be done"...I am VERY serious when I ask this
                    > > > question...exactly who is this "thy"? I could never figure it out.
                    > > >
                    > > > Faithe
                    > > >
                    > > Yo Faithe,
                    > > "Thy will be done" is from the bible (Matthew 6:9-13)
                    > > "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
                    > > and for me, this goes perfectly with life experience.
                    > > The Big "THY in the sky/heart"/"God" is what is
                    > > being referred to here. An example of what that
                    > > is about is the reality that you can't be sure you won't
                    > > fall on your face when you get up from reading this,
                    > > can you? This is where the idea that everything
                    > > is just God's will being acted out comes in to play.
                    > > And this can segue into interesting inner enqueries
                    > > that are effective meditative exercises. For example,
                    > > do we really have free will, or is everything just
                    > > destiny? Are we capable of "doing" or do things just
                    > > happen? What about Karma? Reincarnation? Good
                    > > intentions? And so on and so on. Another ? I especially
                    > > like is the admonition to obey the 1st commandment, which
                    > > says to put no other god before God. Wouldn't that
                    > > mean that if we are thinking about anything but God
                    > > we are putting that thing/idea/feeling ahead of GOD?
                    > > And if we obey all of the other 612 commandments
                    > > (Thou shalt's/Thou shalt not's) in the old testement,
                    > > but not the 1st, would we still be considered a sinner?
                    > > Anyway, these are all parts of common religion
                    > > based questions that so many of us look only outside our
                    > > Self to answer, while Meditation points to us to look
                    > > inside for all the spiritual answers we need. And if
                    > > we do, maybe that's because it was "Thy's" will to do so!
                    > > Peace and blessings,
                    > > Bob
                    > >
                    > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety

                    > medit8ionsociety

                    > > > tell
                    > > > growing!
                    > herbicides,

                    > buy
                    > > > some

                    > "Unfortunately,
                    > > > there's been a delay. But - God

                  • sandeep chatterjee
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010

                      -

                      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
                      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari
                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Monday, April 5, 2010, 11:33 PM

                      "tarah513" <faithearden@ ...> wrote:

                      > Dear Bob.
                      >
                      > Thanks for your reply.
                      >
                      > I have a penchant for reading and comprehending as the words are
                      > spoken/written. I take the meaning head-on. That is just the way I am.
                      > Having been a business leader, I was entrusted to communicate clearly,
                      > concisely and with no "double meaning". Perhaps we would have less
                      > problems with meditation, spiritual & religious speakings if it was
                      > either spoken in the same manner, or, if silence just prevaled on the
                      > topic if words could not do it justice.
                      >
                      > Reference "Thy will be done"...I am VERY serious when I ask this
                      > question...exactly who is this "thy"? I could never figure it out.
                      >
                      > Faithe

                      The source .....

                      ....from which the thought...

                      .... in the form of the question "Who is this thy".....

                      .....arose.

                      .

                    • sandeep chatterjee
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 5, 2010

                        OK, I see where you are coming from. I am not a Christian. I do not
                        follow the precepts of the Bible or of any organized religion. It has
                        been a quite freeing experience and definitely has given me a different
                        perspective on life.

                        "Thy will be done on earth" has a totally different connotation for me.

                        Is it important? To me, it is very important and I constantly make an
                        effort to not partake in the religions - west or east. I perceive
                        religion as no different from politics = people scrambling for king of
                        top of the heap.

                        Can meditation be kept separate from religion?

                        Thanks.

                        Faithe

                        -------------

                        Religion is never east or west.

                        The word religion means re-connect.

                        Re-connecting .......by ......and .......of .......that which never disconnected.

                        Incidentally, "what is..... is thy will".....

                        .....is the common bedrock of all flavours, eastern or western.

                        Including the flavour called science, which cannot isolate any separative state from the entirety...... in order to further  postulate an independent casual agent for any effect.

                        Just 2 weeks back neuro-scientists and behaviourial experts have collaborated and identified a "moral compass" region of the human brain which produces the thought seen as moral judgments.

                        And established that this moral compass can be significantly affected by subjecting it to differing magnetic fields.

                        So much for ........."it is me which thinks, ergo it is me which exists as a separative individuated self-entity(aka Descartes) and thus it is me which decides on my value system and thus the nature of my life ..........all out of my independent volition."

                        Now as a response to the above.......thought may get risen in the form ...

                        ..."to hell with re-connecting, all this re-connecting has only produced violence and intolerance whether at individual level or family or societal or national.

                        And what is being spouted as above is more of the same cockamamie re-connecting."

                        Such an risen thought  is perfectly fine.

                        And is as much a nuance of thy will.:-)

                      • sean tremblay
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                          THY is first cause, the will that begets manifestation, it could be seen as intentione human being unlike a dog or cat can look at a hill top and imagine a house, he can then imagine
                          blue shutters and white siding, he can create in his mind every possible detail, this is THY Will, and then the human can gather the necessary materials and actually manifest this house, he can make it a reality from thought form to physical(some of you please avoid the urge to get all nitnoid about which form is really real, it's cliche and annoying) As I was saying the thought becomes manifest this is how in my opinion we are Made In Gods Image, it is the ability to call forth what is manifest what is potential and make it manifest, THY is god Gods will be done, THY Kingdom come-which means to actually realize and perceive the world as it really is, the problem with being made in gods image is that we can impose our will on what is already made manifest, this imposition of values and judgments causes confusion and pain and all kinds of problems/falsehood.  If you have a problem with the word God as some people do then think of God as first cause, because as far as we know everything came from something
                          In the beginning was the word
                          OM

> [...]

                          > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
                          > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
                          > > will be ready."
                          > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
                          > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
                          > >
                          > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
                          > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
                          > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
                          > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
                          > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
                          > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
                          > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
                          > > conviction is not enough."
                          > >
                          > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
                          > > statement:
                          > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
                          > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
                          > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being

                        • sean tremblay
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                            P.S. Bob
                            I liked the Mullah Nesruddin story, I could have used that line in Afghanistan!

> [...]

                            > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
                            > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
                            > > will be ready."
                            > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
                            > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
                            > >
                            > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
                            > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
                            > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
                            > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
                            > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
                            > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
                            > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
                            > > conviction is not enough."
                            > >
                            > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
                            > > statement:
                            > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
                            > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
                            > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being

                          • WestWindWood
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010

                              Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather, and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                                Like it

                                Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather, and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

                                > By Grace alone effort is effortless. The farmer
                                > makes an effort while planting his crop. By Grace,
                                > the crop grows effortlessly. The farmer then reaps
                                > the harvest and distributes it, and many are nurtured.

                                HA-HA-HA!!!

                                I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me tell
                                you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the growing!
                                Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
                                insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
                                "effortlessly" .

                                Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy some
                                if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.

                                Faithe

                              • Papajeff
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                                  Faithe,

                                  Nice analogy. I started to
                                  perspire just reading it.

                                  I grew up on a farm and
                                  remember the weeding in the
                                  heat of summer and harvesting
                                  by hand as a lot of work. I
                                  also remember how delicious
                                  the fresh fruits and veggies
                                  tasted - just from the garden.

                                  Still, the seed, once planted,
                                  does grow effortlessly. Clearing
                                  the way and keeping it clear
                                  in order for the crop to reach
                                  its fullest potential (of
                                  enlightenment) is the work on
                                  our part, as you've so nicely
                                  stated.

                                  Meditating is much easier than
                                  weeding.

                                  Thanks.

                                  Jeff

                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, WestWindWood <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                  > Meditation is a lot like farming. You have to have faith that if you make the effort to plant the seed that this is better than barren ground. First you have to get the ground ready, start fresh by plowing all the weeds under, try to live the best that you can by giving up bad behavior, remove weeds that suck away from the good growth that is to come. You also have to balance the fertilizer to get the best yield possible. Then you plant the seeds; you make the commitment to this kind of future. There are different kinds of good seed, you just have to look around at what you have to work with, your soil and climate, and find the path, the technique, that works best for you. And now there is the weather, you just have to trust the process and take whatever comes. Maybe you can say the weather is effortless because you have no control over it, but at any rate just offer up the problems that occur, weather, and accept what comes.  So you trust the weather,
                                  > and because of you past karma what ever happens happens, but it will be a learning experience. You keep trying and eventually, if not this year, then next year, you come out and notice that your field has all this new growth and you suddenly see this wonderful vitality; however, now with enlightenment, the wonderment of this vital energy, the work begins. You have studied agriculture, you are not going by guess here, and you know that you have to get to work in earnest and weed that which takes away from the good plantings; also look for insects, like bad friends that take away from your good efforts. Eventually your notice with the harvest that life is getting better, that yes there were problems along the way, but those problems seem like some distant worry that no longer is of concern. Maybe you die and become reincarnated to new land or maybe you work really hard on this particular farm. You have become richer, but now you have to keep at it, do the
                                  > cycle over and over and become better and better over time. Eventually you become one with the vitality that comes from working the land.

                                • cosmic_yogi1
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                                    Inquiring Faithe,

                                    I greet you with love and understanding.

                                    The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
                                    the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?

                                    Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
                                    being so literal".

                                    This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.

                                    Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
                                    speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'

                                    Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
                                    metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
                                    Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.

                                    Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
                                    inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
                                    greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.

                                    As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
                                    where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
                                    from meditation, i believe, misses the point.

                                    In profound peace,

                                    <faithearden@...> wrote:

                                    > Dear Cosmic.
                                    >
                                    > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
                                    that
                                    > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                                    >
                                    > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                                    > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                                    >
                                    > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
                                    idea
                                    > is removed, what then can be realized?
                                    >
                                    > Faithe
                                    >

                                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                                    > hanifshekhem@ wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Yo Faithe,
                                    > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                                    > the ALL.
                                    > >
                                    > > ONE
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                                    > faithearden@ wrote:
                                    > > >

                                    > > > Hi Cosmic.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended
                                    and
                                    > it
                                    > > > is just a label?
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Thanks in advance.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Faithe
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

                                    > medit8ionsociety

                                    > > > medit8ionsociety

                                    Let
                                    > me
                                    > > > tell
                                    > > > growing!
                                    > herbicides,

                                    > buy
                                    > > > some

                                    > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

                                  • Bruce Morgen
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                                      Dear Yogiji --

                                      There are no ideas per se in
                                      meditation. The meditative
                                      state is the perceptual tabula
                                      rasa upon which all that comes
                                      and goes or arises and dies is
                                      written, only to be erased and
                                      supplanted by still more
                                      aspects of the world of forms.

                                      By holding on to the the idea
                                      of Oneness, one is certainly
                                      filling the perceptual cup
                                      with yet another preconception
                                      -- remember, the Tao that can
                                      be spoken of (that is,
                                      expressed as an idea) is not
                                      the true Tao.

                                      Hiya, Faithe!

                                      Much love -- Bruce

                                      On 4/6/2010 6:16 PM, cosmic_yogi1 wrote:
                                      > Inquiring Faithe,
                                      >
                                      > I greet you with love and understanding.
                                      >
                                      > The Zen have asked--how can We truly understand verbally? If We go to
                                      > the words of describing this or that, how can We truly know it?
                                      >
                                      > Bob has stated in previous correspondences that "You missed the point by
                                      > being so literal".
                                      >
                                      > This brings to mind the infamous Zen Koan of 'Emptying your cup'.
                                      >
                                      > Paraphrasing-- Your cup is too full!--'You are full of your opinions and
                                      > speculations. How can you know the Zen unless you empty your cup?'
                                      >
                                      > Regarding your problem with what i have offered, i recall several
                                      > metaphores: Is a drop of water from the ocean still the ocean? Hot and
                                      > Cold is still temperature. Yin and Yang is still the Dao.
                                      >
                                      > Great Masters, Saints and Avatars alike have said that 'We are all
                                      > inexstricably bound and linked to the source'. Life has been the
                                      > greates revealer of this truth. Hence, the 'connectedness to the ALL'.
                                      >
                                      > As i continue to awake and observe on this journey, in meditation is
                                      > where i realize the 'connectedness to the ALL'. To 'remove' that idea
                                      > from meditation, i believe, misses the point.
                                      >
                                      > In profound peace,
                                      >
                                      > ONE
                                      >

                                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                                      > <faithearden@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      >> Dear Cosmic.
                                      >>
                                      >> Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along
                                      >>
                                      > that
                                      >
                                      >> shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                                      >>
                                      >> My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                                      >> "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                                      >>
                                      >> Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness
                                      >>
                                      > idea
                                      >
                                      >> is removed, what then can be realized?
                                      >>
                                      >> Faithe
                                      >>

                                      >> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                                      >> hanifshekhem@ wrote:
                                      >>
                                      >>> Yo Faithe,
                                      >>> 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                                      >>>
                                      >> the ALL.
                                      >>
                                      >>> ONE
                                      >>>

                                      >>> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"

                                      > and
                                      >
                                      >> it

                                      >> medit8ionsociety

                                      > Let
                                      >
                                      >> me

                                      > the

                                      >> herbicides,

                                      > grow

                                      >> buy

                                    • cosmic_yogi1
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                                        Yo Bruce,

                                        i stand corrected---All perceptions are illusion.

                                        Thank you for sharing

                                        much metta,

                                      • hanif sashekhem
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 6, 2010
                                          Peace and Love Bruce,

                                          i apprecilove your wisdom in respect towards Oneness, however i must ask you---is your understanding of the meditative state that you describe also an idea?
                                          It seems that We all suffer from the illusions of our perceptions:)

                                          ONE

                                        • Papajeff
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 7, 2010
                                            Faithe,

                                            Beyond "connectedness" is the
                                            realization put so beautifully
                                            by Ramana Maharshi:

                                            "The very form of God if Love."

                                            So it's One, in the matrix of Love.

                                            If the realization or understanding
                                            includes merely the connectness
                                            or sense of Oneness...but not
                                            the God (Love)-Realization, the
                                            realization is not on the
                                            level of the jnani yogi - there
                                            is no Knowing.

                                            Those who mistake the Oneness
                                            for fully awakened tend to
                                            be the one's who parrot the
                                            half-baked teachings about,
                                            "nothing to realize, everyone's
                                            already enlightened, just get
                                            on with your life"...pablum.

                                            One Love,

                                            Jeff

                                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

                                            > Dear Cosmic.
                                            >
                                            > Are you saying that you are "ONE" and that by your beingness along that
                                            > shows you represent unversality and are connected to the ALL?
                                            >
                                            > My problem with what you have offered is that saying their is a
                                            > "connectedness to the ALL" is quite different from being "ALL".
                                            >
                                            > Where this is leading is that in meditation, once the connectedness idea
                                            > is removed, what then can be realized?
                                            >
                                            > Faithe
                                            >

                                            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
                                            > <hanifshekhem@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Yo Faithe,
                                            > > 'ONE' is a symbol representing the universality and connectedness to
                                            > the ALL.
                                            > >
                                            > > ONE
                                            > >

                                            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513"
                                            > faithearden@ wrote:
                                            > > >

                                            > > > Hi Cosmic.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended and
                                            > it
                                            > > > is just a label?
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Thanks in advance.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Faithe
                                            > > >
                                            > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"

                                            > medit8ionsociety

                                            > > > medit8ionsociety

                                            > me
                                            > > > tell
                                            > > > growing!
                                            > herbicides,

                                            > buy
                                            > > > some

                                            > > > "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God

                                          • cosmic_yogi1
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Apr 7, 2010

                                              Faithe,

                                              As the drop of water is to the ocean-that is what Oneness is.  The essence of the drop is every bit the essence of the totality.

                                              All that we hold dear to our hearts, the things our soul yearns for-we do not have to give it up through the act of awakening!  Of course not, we recieve it by awakening!  This is the whole point.  Waking from this dream does not mean everything disappears.  It means everthing appears as it really is.  Life then is seen as a unified Whole, as Oneness.  Oneness knows only ONE.  In Oneness the puzzle has been made whole.  In Oneness there is no more good or bad, desirable or undesirable.  It is absolute fulfilment, completion, bliss, whatever we may call it.  It is a state of being beyond hope, for all hope is fulfilled.  We can not even faintly begin to describe the indescribable.  It can only be experienced.

                                              ONE