Re: Sage Advise

  • tarah513
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi Bob.

      Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
      writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?

      If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is not
      living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?

      I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
      fluff - sounds good, means nothing.

      Faithe

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2010
        "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

        > Hi Bob.
        >
        > Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
        > writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?
        >
        > If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is not
        > living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?
        >
        > I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
        > fluff - sounds good, means nothing.
        >
        > Faithe

        Yo Faithe,
        The narration referred to is the mind chatter of
        a mind allowed to run around like a wild monkey.
        That's all too often thorny and not fluffy and
        has virtually (and really) nothing to do with
        reflecting and meditation (which would be "living IT")

        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > "If you're narrating your life,
        > > you're not living IT"
        > > Kir Li Molari

      • tarah513
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010

          Back to you Bob...

          > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Bob.
          > >
          > > Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
          > > writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?
          > >
          > > If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is not
          > > living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?
          > >
          > > I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
          > > fluff - sounds good, means nothing.
          > >
          > > Faithe
          > >
          > Yo Faithe,
          > The narration referred to is the mind chatter of
          > a mind allowed to run around like a wild monkey.
          > That's all too often thorny and not fluffy and
          > has virtually (and really) nothing to do with
          > reflecting and meditation (which would be "living IT")
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          What I was intimating is that mind chatter or reflecting & meditation are one and the same - living "IT" (life). The fluffy that I referred to is that the words offered were "fluffy" in that sounds good, makes one "feel" good, but in actuality is as meaningless as trying to catch a "fluffy cloud".

          If one has sex shouting loudly, thrashing about and another has sex with eyes closed, no sounds or movement - both are partaking in sex.

          Mind chatter = reflecting/mediatation (one and the same, living IT, just differently.

          Faithe

          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
          > > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > "If you're narrating your life,
          > > > you're not living IT"
          > > > Kir Li Molari

        • cosmic_yogi1
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
            Yo,
            Another interpretation of the sage advice is that if you are recounting events and experiences of your life, you are thus not 'living it' in the eternal now.

            ONE

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
              "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

              > Back to you Bob...

              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Bob.
              > > >
              > > > Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
              > > > writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?
              > > >
              > > > If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is
              > not
              > > > living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?
              > > >
              > > > I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
              > > > fluff - sounds good, means nothing.
              > > >
              > > > Faithe
              > > >
              > > Yo Faithe,
              > > The narration referred to is the mind chatter of
              > > a mind allowed to run around like a wild monkey.
              > > That's all too often thorny and not fluffy and
              > > has virtually (and really) nothing to do with
              > > reflecting and meditation (which would be "living IT")
              > > Peace and blessings,
              > > Bob
              >
              > What I was intimating is that mind chatter or reflecting & meditation
              > are one and the same - living "IT" (life). The fluffy that I referred to
              > is that the words offered were "fluffy" in that sounds good, makes one
              > "feel" good, but in actuality is as meaningless as trying to catch a
              > "fluffy cloud".
              >
              > If one has sex shouting loudly, thrashing about and another has sex with
              > eyes closed, no sounds or movement - both are partaking in sex.
              >
              > Mind chatter = reflecting/mediatation (one and the same, living IT, just
              > differently.
              >
              > Faithe

              Yo Faithe,
              I think that the concept that "...Mind chatter = reflecting/mediatation (one and the same...") is
              as far off the target relative to meditation as
              it's possible To Be. I also think you aren't under
              or over standing what I'm referring to as mind
              chatter. I'm talking about the constant judging,
              comparing, commenting, divergant non-sense that
              an untrained and unrestrained mind does habitually.
              The mode and mood this non-meditative activity
              puts us in is characterized by fluctuations between
              being calm and being stressed, being happy and
              being sad and all the other permiations of duality
              that an unmeditative approach to life always includes.
              Unfortunately, this seems to usually have a majority
              of stress and sadness moments than peace-full ones.
              Similarly, this type life experience is a reactive
              one and doesn't take place in the NOW, which meditation
              always does, so that makes anything that happens in
              it just a fluffy non-reality based dream, much
              like sex fantasies, or possibly even all the chattering
              I've just done.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
                "cosmic_yogi1" <hanifshekhem@...> wrote:

                > Yo,
                > Another interpretation of the sage advice is that if you are recounting events and experiences of your life, you are thus not 'living it' in the eternal now.
                >
                > ONE

                Exactly!