Sage Advise

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
      "If you're narrating your life,
      you're not living IT"
      Kir Li Molari
    • tarah513
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2010
        Hi Bob.

        Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
        writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?

        If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is not
        living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?

        I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
        fluff - sounds good, means nothing.

        Faithe

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2010
          "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bob.
          >
          > Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
          > writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?
          >
          > If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is not
          > living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?
          >
          > I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
          > fluff - sounds good, means nothing.
          >
          > Faithe

          Yo Faithe,
          The narration referred to is the mind chatter of
          a mind allowed to run around like a wild monkey.
          That's all too often thorny and not fluffy and
          has virtually (and really) nothing to do with
          reflecting and meditation (which would be "living IT")

          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > "If you're narrating your life,
          > > you're not living IT"
          > > Kir Li Molari

        • tarah513
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2 4:44 AM

            Back to you Bob...

            > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Bob.
            > >
            > > Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
            > > writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?
            > >
            > > If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is not
            > > living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?
            > >
            > > I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
            > > fluff - sounds good, means nothing.
            > >
            > > Faithe
            > >
            > Yo Faithe,
            > The narration referred to is the mind chatter of
            > a mind allowed to run around like a wild monkey.
            > That's all too often thorny and not fluffy and
            > has virtually (and really) nothing to do with
            > reflecting and meditation (which would be "living IT")
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            What I was intimating is that mind chatter or reflecting & meditation are one and the same - living "IT" (life). The fluffy that I referred to is that the words offered were "fluffy" in that sounds good, makes one "feel" good, but in actuality is as meaningless as trying to catch a "fluffy cloud".

            If one has sex shouting loudly, thrashing about and another has sex with eyes closed, no sounds or movement - both are partaking in sex.

            Mind chatter = reflecting/mediatation (one and the same, living IT, just differently.

            Faithe

            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > "If you're narrating your life,
            > > > you're not living IT"
            > > > Kir Li Molari

          • cosmic_yogi1
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2 7:43 AM
              Yo,
              Another interpretation of the sage advice is that if you are recounting events and experiences of your life, you are thus not 'living it' in the eternal now.

              ONE

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2 9:43 AM
                "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

                > Back to you Bob...

                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Bob.
                > > >
                > > > Is narrating one's life part of the whole of living life? Doesn't
                > > > writing, talking about one's life comprise "living life"?
                > > >
                > > > If not, then is one to believe that all reflecting and meditation is
                > not
                > > > living life as these are nothing more than "narrating life"?
                > > >
                > > > I, for one, will pass on this sage advice, considering it just more
                > > > fluff - sounds good, means nothing.
                > > >
                > > > Faithe
                > > >
                > > Yo Faithe,
                > > The narration referred to is the mind chatter of
                > > a mind allowed to run around like a wild monkey.
                > > That's all too often thorny and not fluffy and
                > > has virtually (and really) nothing to do with
                > > reflecting and meditation (which would be "living IT")
                > > Peace and blessings,
                > > Bob
                >
                > What I was intimating is that mind chatter or reflecting & meditation
                > are one and the same - living "IT" (life). The fluffy that I referred to
                > is that the words offered were "fluffy" in that sounds good, makes one
                > "feel" good, but in actuality is as meaningless as trying to catch a
                > "fluffy cloud".
                >
                > If one has sex shouting loudly, thrashing about and another has sex with
                > eyes closed, no sounds or movement - both are partaking in sex.
                >
                > Mind chatter = reflecting/mediatation (one and the same, living IT, just
                > differently.
                >
                > Faithe

                Yo Faithe,
                I think that the concept that "...Mind chatter = reflecting/mediatation (one and the same...") is
                as far off the target relative to meditation as
                it's possible To Be. I also think you aren't under
                or over standing what I'm referring to as mind
                chatter. I'm talking about the constant judging,
                comparing, commenting, divergant non-sense that
                an untrained and unrestrained mind does habitually.
                The mode and mood this non-meditative activity
                puts us in is characterized by fluctuations between
                being calm and being stressed, being happy and
                being sad and all the other permiations of duality
                that an unmeditative approach to life always includes.
                Unfortunately, this seems to usually have a majority
                of stress and sadness moments than peace-full ones.
                Similarly, this type life experience is a reactive
                one and doesn't take place in the NOW, which meditation
                always does, so that makes anything that happens in
                it just a fluffy non-reality based dream, much
                like sex fantasies, or possibly even all the chattering
                I've just done.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2 9:44 AM
                  "cosmic_yogi1" <hanifshekhem@...> wrote:

                  > Yo,
                  > Another interpretation of the sage advice is that if you are recounting events and experiences of your life, you are thus not 'living it' in the eternal now.
                  >
                  > ONE

                  Exactly!