Re: [Meditation Society of America] Becoming Well Balanced

  • WestWind
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2010
      Very, Very, True!
      When a person has not yet experienced their own enlightenment, they must depend on the guidance of a teacher who understands their propensities. After enlightenment "when we truly become the devotee of the almighty Lord" the guidance comes directly from the Lord to the devotee. At that point the duties of the teacher shift to assuring the devotee that the almighty experience is as it should be and to keep it up. However; before making the shift, the teacher here has to carefully quiz the devotee to determine that in fact the devotee has experienced what Buddhists say is beginners mind, or enlightenment.