Re: Being a Hypocrite

  • westwindwood2003
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2010
      Do not be afraid to go forth to do your spiritual work, as Arjuna was afraid in the beginning of the Bhagavad Gita, afraid that you will hurt others in the battle. Just let Krishna show you the way, meditating and then following right behavior from that wisdom found by offering up your problems to the light found therein.
    • Connie White
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2010
        Not ego, just the knowledge that what you put out there to teach those of us who do not have a resource about meditation (and those who do) the proper way to do things.  The ego actually belongs to the process, not the individual.

        Live well, laugh often, love long....every day

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2010
          There is the problem where one thinks they are guided by meditation, but it is really their own ego. If a person meditates and thinks they get an answer to a problem, but the answer is not consistent from session to session, then it is the ego. Also, the behavior to follow, derived from meditation, invariably makes a person grow spiritually and is difficult as it runs counter to the ego. I don't think this was what was bothering Arjuna, but maybe someone could correct me on that if my take runs counter to Hindu beliefs.